“Not the healthiest buffet selections I've seen”
Review of Shoney's

Shoney's
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Hopewell
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It's been a while since we've been to a Shoney's. We were looking forward to the buffet aspect. The salad bar part was good, with a nice variety of fresh greens and toppings, and a few prepared choices such as coleslaw. The hot food part did not offer the healthiest buffet selections I've seen. Lots of fried foods, and all the vegetable choices were swimming in butter, bacon, or otherwise. The mashed potatoes were very tasty, but the fried trout was very overdone and tasteless. Don't think we'll be coming back here for dinner. Might try the breakfast buffet sometime, and see if it will win us over.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

While I will admit that Shoney's as a brand does not rise to teh top of restaurants, I was "tickled pink" to find a nice buffest breakfast bar still out when I arrived after noontime. There was plenty of variety, food was as good as you'd want, and my server was on point.
If you're a late breakfast eater and like it late, I recommend this Shoneys.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a decent place to pick up a quick buffet for lunch or dinner during the work week. It's a nice alternative from the crowd at Golden Corral although there is not as much to choose from. The fried chicken and starches are always a hit. The salad bar is really good as well. Everytime I go, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is family friendly or great to go solo. The price is right as well, especially for all you can eat.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was okay but the breaded shrimp wasn't clean, the fish was dry and the tables were sticky. I wouldn't necessarily eat here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After traveling all day from Charleston we made a stop off in the Richmond area for the night. We decided on dining at Shoney's because of all the signs coming up 95. It was a simple restaurant with a decent selection. We kept it safe and ordered the sliders and chicken fingers. The service was outstanding as the waitress / hostess was very hospitable. If you are looking for a quick bite with many options this is the place to go.