“Gotta try it!”

K & L Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Courtland, Virginia
“Gotta try it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love the pork BBQ and the homemade chicken and dumplings on Thursdays!

Cash only, but they do have an ATM in the lobby.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Darren B

“What I remember at Grandma's Sunday Dinner Table. Honest Good Food and Value !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

What a little "Gem", My Wife and I found in Hopewell, Virginia A quaint little Barbeque Restaurant, that epitomizes the American Family Restaurant. The first thing My wife and I notice was the friendly hometown atmosphere. Our waitress was excellent, friendly and knowledgeable. By the way, I felt like we were treat like family on our first visit. Now, for the Food, it was "Great" Home Cooking with memories of Grandma's Favorite Recipes. My Wife had the Chopped Beef Barbeque and I had the Chopped Pork Barbeque , it was Very Good. And Don't Forget the Dessert , Wow!!! We had the Red Velvet Cake. I really wanted the Chocolate Cake, they were out. Well, I guess we will have to make another trip to K & L Barbeque. Oh by the way, "Don't bring your Credit Cards, it's Cash Only!", but don't let that scare you, the price is just right!!!

2 Thank RDH74D
Hopewell, Virginia
“They know what you want!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

After just one visit, they know what you want and address you by name. This is a great BBQ restaurant as they still slice you sandwich in half (just like the old days) Yes, it is cash only, but for just over five buck you get a drink, a side and a sandwich. It reminds you of days past! They are not open weekends so make sure you plan for a weekday visit.

• Visited July 2012
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Awsome BBQ at a great low price but cash only so bring some money

Chesterfield, VA
“A great value and wonderful cobbler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We've eaten there twice. It's definitely a small town casual restaurant, which we like. The food is good, and very inexpensive. The staff is excellent. The draw is the cobbler: just like grandma used to make! Get it with ice cream on top, the warmth of the cobbler melts it just right.

• Visited May 2012