“Food was good; staff was friendly”

Dockside Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Hopewell
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Food was good; staff was friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We rode our motorcycles from Chesapeake, VA to Hopewell. We arrived and were quickly seated. It was 2 pm and there were only 4 other people there. The inside has beautiful wood walls and beams that form a circular ceiling. The staff was friendly and engaged us in conversation. The location of the restaurant is on prime waterfront. There is a deck to enjoy your food if you so choose. I had the fried flounder sandwich. Not bad but there was more bread than flounder but the flavor was good. There were 14 of us there and I didn't hear any negatives. Overall, a good lunch and a good visit to take a break after about a 100 mile ride.

• Visited June 2013

Prince George, Virginia
“Spoiled Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Never again!!! I had the broiled seafood platter and before the plate even got to the table I could smell that it was bad. I asked the waitress about it and she claimed it was fresh. My husband had the prime rib. He ordered it medium rare and it came out quite well done and as tough as shoe leather. It was obviously not fresh as well. It tasted days old. We didn't eat much of it because I was afraid to get sick from it. The waitress never did check back on us. When she came to get out plates, she didn't even comment about how full they were. She didn't offer dessert, she just brought out our check. What a shame this location is wasted on such a dump.

• Visited May 2013
Prince George, VA
“Glad we checked it out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We are having company coming from out of state and want to take them out to eat at a nearby restaurant. They will have been traveling for most of the day to get here, so we wanted something close. We had not been to Dockside in quite a while so we decided to check out the new ownership. We had a table by a window looking out on the James River. There are also tables on an open deck and on a screened in porch. All overlooking the river. I do wish they would change their picture. It looks much better than this. The waitress was very accommodating. My husband had fried flounder and I had the Crab Imperial. Both of us were very happy with our meals and we will definitely take our company there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank madgardner
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“I feel so stupid. I should have read more reviews!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just left this restaurant. The only thing good was the flounder. I am here from out of town and wanted some good seafood. The waitress was rude and fast talking. She took every table hush puppies, and when we asked she said they ran out...although about 3 couples after us received some. The prices are double...yes no lie double what they have on there website. Excuse was...it hasn't been updated....since when I wonder. I didn't say anything...didnt say the food was great, didn't leave a tip. I just left half my plate, paid and left. I didn't want anyone to re-fix anything and spit in it. And one last thing...the platter is a small plate...for $20.

• Visited May 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois
“DO NOT eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We were very hungry when we spotted this restaurant, so gave it a try without checking the reviews. Big mistake. I ordered the stuffed flounder and it was served raw--as in barely warmed. The stuffing was an odd yellow color and had no flavor. I told the waittress (who was pleasant) that I just didn't want the fish--I would just eat the tasty squash and twice-loaded potato. Both the manager and owner insisted I try the fish after it had been cooked. It was awful and I could only eat a few bites. In the end, they knocked off $8 off a $17 dish. Expensive squash and potato. My husband's grilled seafood platter was adequate.

• Visited April 2013