“Almost like being at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stay - Over Suites

Stay - Over Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Terra Alta, West Virginia
“Almost like being at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This has been without exception the best place I have ever stayed. I enjoyed my stay very much and will look forward to my next visit to Fort Lee. My room was fantastic. Very well appointed with comfortable furniture and bed. My housekeeper, Pinky, kept my room amazingly clean each day, and the hotel is located within minutes to Fort Lee, places to eat and shopping. I will certainly look forward to staying with you again the next time I am sent here. Kelly, Susan and Sandra; Thanks for always making me feel welcome and at home. Your kindness and hospitality are a cut above the rest and I appreciate it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Randy,

I can't tell you how much we thank you for the kind words about the hotel and the team. We realize being in the Military you go all over the place for school etc, and the fact that you felt most at home here with us is an Honor.
We take pride in the fact that our Military stays with us and with the things you do on a daily basis to Serve and Protect us , I'm glad in some small way we gave back.
We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

KellyClark,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The suites here are exceptionally clean. The staff are friendly and exceptionally accommodating to pet owners, and veterans. The evening cookies and generous breakfast help make this a comforting place to stay after a busy day, or night at work.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Ms. Judith,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the property and the team. It is our goal that you feel at home when you are with us and according to your review we did that. We have recently started accepting four legged family members and as a pet owner myself I understand the importance of having them with you.
IT IS OUR HONOR to serve the Military, with out each and everyone of you doing what you do for our country I nor my team would be able to do what we do on a daily basis.
We hope that anytime your travels bring you back to Hopewell or Fort Lee we will be your hotel of choice.

Kelly Clark,
Hopewell, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Kelly(manager) and the entire staff are fantastic and have that southern hospitatality, I am a soldier the staff treats soldiers with respect and dignity . I would stay here at this hotel in the future as a civilian or a soldier. Hotel is a great location very close to Ft Lee. This location has plenty of good places to eat. I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kelly C, Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Gerald,

Thank you number one for your service to our Country without you doing what you do everyday I would not be able to live in the land of the Free and THE HOME OF THE BRAVE.
The military has been a part of my life since birth, as an Air Force Brat, and I have had a Military contract in just about every hotel I have worked in the passed 33 years and trust me THE HONOR IS ALL MINE.
Your kind words about the hotel and the staff go a long way and I am glad you feel as if you were home.
If I can do anything to continue to make your stay better please don't hesitate to let me know.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

After 14 years in the military I can honestly say this has been the best place bar none I have ever stayed at. The rooms are absolutely amazing and having a kitchen is a great amenity. The staff makes it their daily mission to ensure you enjoy your stay and that anything you need is taken care of immediately. I come to Ft. Lee every year for at least three weeks and I am dissappoited this is the first time I have gotten to stay here because it felt like I never left home. I would highly recommend if you are coming to the Hopewell/Ft. Lee area you stay here.

Room Tip: Get the Deluxe
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I want to thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Team and the hotel. The comments about home were most touching, our number one goal is to make each and every guest feel that way.
The Military is very important to us here in Hopewell for many reasons, and we know you are away from your familes on a regular basis Fighting for our Freedom and we THANK YOU for that.
Please if you are ever in the area again we hope the the Stay-Over is your number one choice for lodging.

Travelers Rest, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The plan was to gather supplies from the south and head into the heart of the Sandy Relief effort in the northeast. The plan was to stay one or two nights in Virginia to gather more supplies. The plan did not include a trip from Stay-Over Suites to the emergency room in Hopewell. And, the plan did not include the opportunity to take them up on their name... Stay-Over..., but that I did, for almost a week while nursing serious cold/flue/pneumonia symptoms. All that to say my stay was made tolerable by the amazing staff and support system of the hotel. Kelly (I think) and everyone went out of their way to make me feel that they really cared for my plight. Accommodating, friendly and attentive are adjectives that come to mind. Something tells me that there is a little of "Mama" in each and every staff member. Btw, I felt that way at check-in, but did not know I would be "staying-over" for such a big dose of customer service medicine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kelly C, Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel and the team. It was our pleasure to keep you while you were sick, just sorry you did not get to go spread your goodwill to the Sandy victims. But sick or not we are glad you spread your goodwill with us. Anytime you are in the area we truly hope you will stop and see us again.

From our family to yours we wish you a safe and Happy Holiday....Look forward to seeing you in 2013.

Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great value hotel, just minutes from Fort Lee. Excellent quality; a suite for the price of a standard room and Service 2nd to none. Kelly Clark (General Manager) along with her staff goes out of their way to make you feel like a member of the family. This is my new preferred hotel at Ft. Lee area and will recommend this to all my colleagues as destination of choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kelly C, General Manager at Stay - Over Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Jim,

Thanks so much for the kind words about your stay with us during your recent trip to Fort Lee. It is an honor to host our Military while they travel and I am glad you felt that while you were here. Please know we always have a spot in our hotel and our hearts for you when ever you travel.

From our family to yours have a safe and Happy Holiday Season...hope to see you in 2013

Kelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hopewell Inn
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell
Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#6 of 7 in Hopewell

Been to Stay - Over Suites? Share your experiences!