“Military Pcs move”

Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We Pcs from Ft. Carson, Co to Ft. Lee, Va and stayed at Candlewood with two kids, a dog, and a cat for over a week. The rooms were very nice. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and help us out with anything. We had such a great stay with them. The cleaning lady let us use the vacuum and gave us fresh towels when we asked her. If we had to stay there again we definitely would. Prices were great also. If any military or anybody is coming to this area pick Candlewood you will be glad you did. Pet friendly too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel is it is close to the I295 interchange and there is a grocery store next door. I was in room 115 and the plumbing would sing all night long. The first thing I do when I enter a room is look out the window. Well it was so dirty I closed the curtain, went to bed so I could leave early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Davepsl,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Been looking for a place to stay on the northbound leg of our trips from FL to CT with our labrador. Good location, clean, good spot to walk the dog and a Ruby Tuesday nearby, fulfills our needs. Will stop there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here during a long drive from Connecticut to southern Georgia. If you are looking for a pet friendly property, I definitely recommend this hotel for North South / South North road travelers. Plenty of space outside for dog walking. We were just passing through so only stayed one night, and noted it was quiet and well situated near a shopping center, grocery store and food options. The room was a small suite with kitchen area equipped with pots and pans, plate etc The hotel even offered a free laundry so this would be a good benefit for a longer stay . Breakfast was included with toasts, breads, fruit, coffee, cereal typical options. Check in and check out were both quick and hassle free. $30.00 pet fee was reasonable. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elizabethqueen
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband is Active Duty USMC and it was time for us to move from VA to Okinawa, Japan. My mother, husband, daughter, son, DOG, and myself all stayed in this hotel for a week. We stayed in two rooms. We had requested adjoining rooms but as that was unavailable they managed to place us across the hall from eachother. The rooms were amazing. Irons, ironing boards, pots/pans/toasters/coffee pots/glasses/silverware/plates/bowls/etc were in each room; even a dishwasher and garbage disposal! Laundry services were wonderful. Can even use Tide pods in the washers and cascade pods in the dishwasher. My husband was supervising the movers at our house on post while I brought all of the food in our house to the hotel in 2 boxes. Marc actually helped me unload my car and bring EVERYTHING inside so that my mother could watch my two children and dog undisturbed. Every single person in that hotel was always smiling and beyond wonderful. After my mother had dropped us off at the airport, she needed help loading her car so that she could begin her 3 day drive back to TX. Anthony helped load our big screen tv into her car along with all of her other belongings. To me, this is above and beyond the normal hotel services. The rooms were always clean and there were several families there with young children and not ONE unruly family or rude patron. In the Ft. Lee/Hopewell/Perersburg area you often see the dreck muck of society. This place was the ONLY positive note of our ENTIRE moving process. It was so important to me to write this review that I am actually writing this FROM Okinawa. My mother, husband, son, and daughter all HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this hotel and thank them SO much for EVERYTHING that they did for us!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was very nice and very affordable and also has veteran discounts which is a plus for veterans. The room had refrigerator and stove pots and pans and even free laundry and that was first time i every been to a hotel with laundry. The staff was nice free dvd for my family i would reccommend this hotel to everyone i know loved it. And one cleaning that was really nice was Mrs. Lavern Wheeler kept room very clean. I will be back. God Bless.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite and spacious. One of the best. Very friendly staff.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

On behalf of my team and I, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. We are always pleased to hear you, our guest was happy with your stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel to accomodate your needs and please come back and stay again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a positive experience. The beds were comfortable . The bathrooms were a nice size. The only drawback was the amt. of the hold put on our card in addition to the pet fee at check-in. A 119.00 room had an additonal 130.00 held against it, totaling 250.00. Something to be aware of.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank J-Ost4
Karen G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you were comfortable during your stay. I apologize for any inconvience you may have incurred with your credit card. I hope that when you are in our area again you will choose Candlewood as your home away from home! Thank you again for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
0 mi away
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heigh...
#5 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell

Been to Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell? Share your experiences!