“Very nice”

Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice room, brought our 2 dogs and they were happy too. Rooms were clean and convenience of snack room and washer and dryers right on same floor. Also gave us a movie to watch in the evening. I believe managers name was Mickey. She was awesome and more than we could of asked for in our quick visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank You very much for such a wonderful review. We are so happy to know that we made your stay comfortable. Whenever you are in our neck of the woods again please come back and stay with us!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great stay. Clean rooms helpful and gracious staff. Enjoyed the free washer dryer, and the opportunity to visit the store to get snacks.I also appreciated they let me know to turn on the ice maker in the fridge. Little things like that make a stay better. I really thought it was great when I took my dog out, everyone picked up after their animal. And the special touch of popcorn in the microwave. Beds were nice and very roomy.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank triptakerMichigan
Karen G, Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to make your visit with us as comfortable as possible. Being that we are a pet friendly hotel we cant help but love them too. Anytime you are back in the area we would love for you to return to your home away from home! Thank You for your wonderful comments!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Candlewood Suites at Hopewell, VA is a great stay! The staff is great!!! I would visit this property again. I was concerned of the quality of the room, because of the length of my stay was 4 months. It was just like an apartment. Excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had bugs in my room. Had one drop down into my bed from the ceiling, and found them under bath towels left on floor when maid did not come. When I reported infestation to the front desk they already were already aware of them and said "they are only beetles and do not die out because of climate change". Maid service is once a week not daily. I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Pam and Mike B,

Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay and for that we'd like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Hopewell.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The rooms were very clean, seemingly modern. The 1bedroom suite was perfect for us, as the living area had a sleeper sofa and a comfy recliner. Wish we could've stayed another night. Convenient short walk to some restaurants and easy access to 295

• Stayed: July 2012

It was absolutley our pleasure to be able to accomadate your needs. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with great customer service. We look forward to serving you again! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The worst I can say about this hotel is that I killed a spider a day and that there are cheaper hotels nearby with better rooms. If you want friendly staff this is a good place. But I had to leave to the Fairfield because they offered a better rate.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Sorry, only 4 stars rating - I would have rate 5 STARS if you would provide FREE breakfast. Front desk folks were very helpful and care about your stay. I will continue to make reservation there for my next TDY or business travel in Hopewell, VA. Great Thai restaurant in the plaza and highly recommend Candlewood Suites in Hopewell to others!

Cheers

Room Tip: I called them directly for room reservation with no problems.