“Don't waste your money!!! Only bright spot was the Indonesian lady at the front desk”

Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We reserved a room with 2 double beds for 3 nights. Only gave us 2 bath towels for 4 people. Had to go to desk and received a couple more. Housekeeping never came to our room not even to take out the trash at least. The carpet was nailed down in front of the bathroom but the nails were not nailed down and if you didn't watch you could slice your foot open. We stay in hotels all over the place on a regular basis. This was the worst hotel I have ever seen. Also, the deluxe continental breakfast is mini blueberry muffins and cheese danishes and oatmeal. The gas station across the street has better options. Don't waste your time or money on this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We ordered 4 rooms! With double beds in 3
1 room was clean...
Room 2 was stinky
Room 3 was ok
Room 4 was dirty.. It wasn't clean... The beds weren't made.. There was a brownish/ yellow dried liquid on the floor.. There were dirty towels.. Liquor bottles..even dirty underwear everywhere.... We went back to the front desk and they gave us a different room... Some of the same problems were there too so the gave us a room away from the group... And it was ok!

At that time we didn't feel comfortable so we went to walmart.. Got Lysol and much more...

The hotel was in a convenient place for the graduation on fort Lee army base!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We were literally in the room less than 15 minutes my husband spoke to the front desk. The carpeting had obviously not been vacuumed in some time, appeared to have dog urine on the wall and the a/c did not work properly. He checked two other rooms and just as bad, we left! I must admit the front desk tried to be as helpful as possible and very apologetic.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed December 21, 2013

After 12 hours on the road, my husband and I pulled over to rest overnight. Rarely have we stayed in a hotel, even an economy hotel, this poor. We didn't expect bells and whistles, but was it too much to ask for cleanliness? Paint was flaking off the bathroom door, rust appeared on the sink drain, fiberboard furniture was badly chipped, and walking the carpet with clean white socks left dirt on the socks (which my husband quickly changed and then immediately put on his sneakers). Though we went down for their 'continental' breakfast at 7 am, they were already out of orange juice and cereal. And this is a name-brand hotel. No quality control here. Just pitiful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Since my last review, I have returned to this hotel a few times for business purposes. It is close to my consulting client and directly across the street from a 24-hour Wawa convenience store as well as a nice Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel and a great Chinese carryout on the other side of a large parking lot for a deteriorating strip shopping mall. Don't expect the quality of the Waldorf or Marriott, but clean accommodations at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for three days. First two days we saw no roaches. Third day we killed four within a couple hours. The staff is also rude and would not clean our room because we ' were staying more than one night and that is the norm '

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank coffeedrinker81
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is certainly not the Ritz Carlton; however, it is adequate for my purposes - periodic travel to the area on business and for anyone else for an relatively inexpensive place to stay. My advice, check to see if all of the equipment is working. If not, the hotel proprietor will try to accommodate you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tfig218
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Petersburg, VA
Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
Sleep Inn & Suites at Fort Lee
#2 of 2 in Prince George

Been to Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295? Share your experiences!