“Don't take your shoes off!”

Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We were literally in the room less than 15 minutes my husband spoke to the front desk. The carpeting had obviously not been vacuumed in some time, appeared to have dog urine on the wall and the a/c did not work properly. He checked two other rooms and just as bad, we left! I must admit the front desk tried to be as helpful as possible and very apologetic.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed December 21, 2013

After 12 hours on the road, my husband and I pulled over to rest overnight. Rarely have we stayed in a hotel, even an economy hotel, this poor. We didn't expect bells and whistles, but was it too much to ask for cleanliness? Paint was flaking off the bathroom door, rust appeared on the sink drain, fiberboard furniture was badly chipped, and walking the carpet with clean white socks left dirt on the socks (which my husband quickly changed and then immediately put on his sneakers). Though we went down for their 'continental' breakfast at 7 am, they were already out of orange juice and cereal. And this is a name-brand hotel. No quality control here. Just pitiful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Since my last review, I have returned to this hotel a few times for business purposes. It is close to my consulting client and directly across the street from a 24-hour Wawa convenience store as well as a nice Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel and a great Chinese carryout on the other side of a large parking lot for a deteriorating strip shopping mall. Don't expect the quality of the Waldorf or Marriott, but clean accommodations at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for three days. First two days we saw no roaches. Third day we killed four within a couple hours. The staff is also rude and would not clean our room because we ' were staying more than one night and that is the norm '

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank coffeedrinker81
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is certainly not the Ritz Carlton; however, it is adequate for my purposes - periodic travel to the area on business and for anyone else for an relatively inexpensive place to stay. My advice, check to see if all of the equipment is working. If not, the hotel proprietor will try to accommodate you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tfig218
Reviewed October 21, 2012

this hotel is way overpriced for an econolodge. a/c was broken, staff was very rude and room was rather dingy. for what the rate was, the overall experience should have been a lot better! staff was so rude, including a housekeeper who kept showing up at my door.
waste of money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren76
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel two different times during the month of August. The first stay was for only one night & the room was average. The bathroom was horrible! It was dirty & I didn't want to touch anything including the handle on the door! I felt like something kept biting me in the bed so I did not sleep & ended up with several bug bites on me!! Not sure what it was but they itched badly!! The second stay was not by choice but I took one for the team! The room was better than the first stay & the bathroom was cleaner but not my standard of clean. The wi-fi was a little wonky this time. Luckly the second time I didn't get bit by anything!

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee
Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell

Been to Econo Lodge near Fort Lee at I-295? Share your experiences!