“Lots of plusses; a bit uneven”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Joisey - the Corruption State
“Lots of plusses; a bit uneven”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice property for what-theoretically-is-the-low-end of the Marriott chain. Rooms and breakfast were better than what one usually expects for a Fairfield. Everything was clean and (mostly) in order, but no 5*'s because . . .
1) they were really busy, or whatever our 1st nite there and housekeeping never showed up. Not sure why someone didn't let us know this before we found out ourselves.
2) breakfast was too ambitious. hot items, fruit, etc. - way beyond what a typical Fairfield offers, but it was too much of a stretch. Eggs from a microwave are not good.
But overall, this is a well-located property and the staff works hard . . . maybe too hard as there's a lot to keep track of if/when they get full. Still, I would stay here again, as the location is ideal if you need to be in the Hopewell / Ft. Lee area.

Room Tip: I'd go 2/3rd's of the way down the hall to get good access from the side doors, but away fro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Marriott_Devotee,

Thanks for reviewing our Fairfield Inn & Suites and sharing your feedback - we're glad to hear you had a great stay overall, but our team will be sure to discuss your comments as providing a clean guest room is one of our biggest priorities even when we have a full house. I am happy that our location was so convenient for your needs. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I made a recent trip to Williamsburg and due to my late planning - I couldn't find any rooms within 15 miles of Williamsburg that were under $150. I found this hotel online and while it is an hour away from Busch Gardens/Water country, it was literally half the price - about $75.
We got to the hotel easy enough - it is right off a main road and is right across from a Wawa. Check-in was quick and easy - the front agent had my keys ready to go waiting for me. That night, I realized I had forgotten to pack my toothpaste and went down to the front desk. The agent was very friendly and gave me some new travel tubes of toothpaste and even asked if I could use a toothbrush, as well.
Breakfast was probably the best I've ever seen in a hotel - fresh scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, small boxes of cereal, multiple brands of yogurt, fresh fruit tray, hot chocolate, juice, etc. I'm so used to seeing bagels and the waffle maker, but this was definitely the best continental breakfast I've ever seen.
The only complaint I would have would be the bed: there were a few long mystery strands of hair on the sheets and the actual mattress was pretty flat. It felt like I was sleeping on a board, but it was bearable.
There is a great Mexican restaurant right next street - El Nopal with super cheap prices. Overall, this was a good stay and if the commute to Williamsburg wasn't so long, I would probably stay here a lot more often. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Diskyguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; I'm very pleased to hear that we were able to provide a nice, affordable stay during your trip, as well as that you loved our complimentary hot breakfast so much! I do apologize that your bed was not as comfortable as you would have liked and our team will discuss your feedback. Otherwise, we look forward to your next stay! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here with my husband, three grandchildren and our Chihuahua when our son had a weekend pass from his training at Fort Lee. Rooms were clean, common areas clean, staff courteous and friendly. Grandchildren enjoyed the variety of the complimentary continental breakfast. Pool was clean and well maintained. We have already made reservations to stay again in July. Austin is awesome! Thank you Austin!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PatriceJacoby
Dear PatriceJacoby,

We appreciate you leaving a review and hope you had a good time visiting your son. I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our outdoor pool as well. Thank you again and we'll see you the next time you're in Hopewell!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Fl back to NH in a bad rainstorm and about 11pm sick of the slow diving on I95. We decided to look at Marriott mobile and this hotel came up with room opening on a Friday night we took it. Was easy to get to and seemed to be safe location. I was rather disappointed for Marriott property, one of the most run down I have stayed at. The hall and room had a musty, mildew smell which caused me to have allergy attack, but good for a stop over. Room was clean besides the smell. Breakfast was good with usually carb overload and no fruit left. The breakfast staff was nice when I asked for a banana and more milk because they were gone, she got me more! Staff was friendly and lobby was clean.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Magicsneakers B,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to be here for you during a bad storm and would like to apologize for the issues you ran into while here - I will pass your comments on for discussion so we can improve in the future. If you'd like to speak more about your experience, please get in touch at the number below. Otherwise, I am happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful and you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you again when you're in the area!

(434) 822-2161
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spent four days at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hopewell, Virginia while visiting Fort Lee and the local community. Very clean facility with a great staff. Courtesy was the norm and the staff made you feel like an honored guest and old friend all in one.

Room Tip: Call ahead and speak with the desk clerk, they'll try to meet yur every need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Tony F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had a clean and comfortable stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. We do indeed try to accommodate requests as best we can! Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Hopewell.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stay here whenever I visit my boyfriend at Fort Lee which is less than ten minutes away! It feels comfortable, it's clean, and it's comfortably decorated. The bed is comfortable as well. I wasn't sure about it the first time I stayed, but I stayed here again and loved it! The clerks at the front desk are very nice. I forgot her name but I loved her!

Room Tip: I've only stayed in king rooms... But I don't see why the other rooms wouldn't be as nic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jts22,

Thanks for reviewing us. We really appreciate you staying with us when you're in town and are happy that you find us comfortable, clean, and well-furnished. We look forward to your next stay!

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a great place to stop for the night. Travelling on the I95, just a short distance to the interstate. Very nice lady checked us in, great pizza restaurant next door, great breakfast in the morning, gas station across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelMama110514
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear TravelMama110514,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm happy that you had an enjoyable stay and found our location convenient. We hope to see you again when you're in Hopewell!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Stay - Over Suites
Stay - Over Suites
#3 of 7 in Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell? Share your experiences!