“Extremely clean hotel with an extremely friendly staff.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
“Extremely clean hotel with an extremely friendly staff.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here with my husband, three grandchildren and our Chihuahua when our son had a weekend pass from his training at Fort Lee. Rooms were clean, common areas clean, staff courteous and friendly. Grandchildren enjoyed the variety of the complimentary continental breakfast. Pool was clean and well maintained. We have already made reservations to stay again in July. Austin is awesome! Thank you Austin!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank PatriceJacoby
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear PatriceJacoby,

We appreciate you leaving a review and hope you had a good time visiting your son. I'm happy to read you had a clean, comfortable stay and that you enjoyed our outdoor pool as well. Thank you again and we'll see you the next time you're in Hopewell!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We were driving from Fl back to NH in a bad rainstorm and about 11pm sick of the slow diving on I95. We decided to look at Marriott mobile and this hotel came up with room opening on a Friday night we took it. Was easy to get to and seemed to be safe location. I was rather disappointed for Marriott property, one of the most run down I have stayed at. The hall and room had a musty, mildew smell which caused me to have allergy attack, but good for a stop over. Room was clean besides the smell. Breakfast was good with usually carb overload and no fruit left. The breakfast staff was nice when I asked for a banana and more milk because they were gone, she got me more! Staff was friendly and lobby was clean.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Magicsneakers B,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to be here for you during a bad storm and would like to apologize for the issues you ran into while here - I will pass your comments on for discussion so we can improve in the future. If you'd like to speak more about your experience, please get in touch at the number below. Otherwise, I am happy to hear that our staff was very friendly and helpful and you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you again when you're in the area!

(434) 822-2161
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spent four days at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hopewell, Virginia while visiting Fort Lee and the local community. Very clean facility with a great staff. Courtesy was the norm and the staff made you feel like an honored guest and old friend all in one.

Room Tip: Call ahead and speak with the desk clerk, they'll try to meet yur every need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Tony F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had a clean and comfortable stay and found our staff friendly and helpful. We do indeed try to accommodate requests as best we can! Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Hopewell.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stay here whenever I visit my boyfriend at Fort Lee which is less than ten minutes away! It feels comfortable, it's clean, and it's comfortably decorated. The bed is comfortable as well. I wasn't sure about it the first time I stayed, but I stayed here again and loved it! The clerks at the front desk are very nice. I forgot her name but I loved her!

Room Tip: I've only stayed in king rooms... But I don't see why the other rooms wouldn't be as nic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jts22,

Thanks for reviewing us. We really appreciate you staying with us when you're in town and are happy that you find us comfortable, clean, and well-furnished. We look forward to your next stay!

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a great place to stop for the night. Travelling on the I95, just a short distance to the interstate. Very nice lady checked us in, great pizza restaurant next door, great breakfast in the morning, gas station across the street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelMama110514
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear TravelMama110514,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm happy that you had an enjoyable stay and found our location convenient. We hope to see you again when you're in Hopewell!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We got comfortable in our room. Complimentary breakfast is available but the you can still sneak it anytime for a snack if you miss the hot food from 6-10 am. Modern breakfast nook; USA Today daily newspaper, flat screen TV, fire place by the mini sofa and more importantly, free computer use are all in the lobby. In addition, it is dog friendly room; just pay $50 one time for the duration the stay. This is the main reason we choose this location. However, the location is not exactly desirable but you have some stores nearby and within 5 miles radius, you can get to Colonial Heights where you'll find more major stores, also 30-45 minutes to the center of the city Richmond.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Mai-ImIt,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were able to take advantage of our pet policy. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Hopewell or the Richmond area!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband, four children and I were driving from New York to Florida for the Christmas vacation. On route, the weather took a turn for the worse, and we did not feel it was safe to drive in the deteriorating conditions. We pulled off I-95 at Hopewell, and used Tripadvisor to help us select a hotel. We were pleased to find that there was a Fairfield Inn in Hopewell.

We were greeted by a wonderful front desk representative named Shala. I asked if the hotel had a room that could accommodate our entire family. I was thrilled to learn that the hotel had a one bedroom suite with two queen beds in the bedroom, and a sofa bed in the separate sitting area. The room was spotlessly clean, and was on level with Fairfield standards.

Breakfast the following morning was an added bonus. There was a plethora of choices from waffles, cereals, eggs, pastries, yogurts, fruit cups and cereals, to name but a few. Coffee, tea, juices and hot chocolate were appreciated by all members of our family.

The rate for the room was wonderful, and I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel as a "pit stop" for those traveling on I-95.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank HasFourKids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#6 of 7 in Hopewell
Candlewood Suites Petersburg/Hopewell

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell? Share your experiences!