“They checked someone else into my room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Arlington, Virginia
“They checked someone else into my room”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days for a training nearby back in Feb 2011. They serve decent breakfast and the staff is friendly. However the most memorable part of my stay occurred when I went to the gym with my key card and returned to my room but couldn't get in. When i went to the front desk, I saw a couple complaining to the frontdesk that the room that they were just given has someone's stuff in it. So the staff apologized and gave them another room.

When I told them that the key to my room no longer worked after i stepped out for 30 mins to go the gym, i found out that they had accidnetally checked the couple into my room earlier. I was really outraged... i mean, i assumed my processions would be safe and I would never expect a hotel to check someone into a room that's already occupied. So every day from then on, i just took everything with me every morning when i left to go to work. It created much inconvenience but at least i know my stuff would be safe.

To their credit, management was responsive in resolving this matter. They offer to comp my stay but since it was a business trip and was all paid for, they gave me a free voucher for staying next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Swords Creek, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed for one night traveling when I called to reserve a suite was available but I was told you could not use AARP for a discount??? I went ahead an reserved anyway because we were traveling, not familiar with the area and Fairfield always has a good rating and we are Marriott Reward Members. Check in was a breeze keys were ready as soon as I said my name. The suite we had was huge.. seperate place to watch TV without having to lay around on beds, bathroom was a bit tight but that way fine because you had extra living space. There is also a nice Italian place within steps to eat. The motel is undergoing renovation which is looking very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Maryland USA
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Nice property with plenty of parking. The breakfast room and lobby was undergoing some construction but it did not deter from the experience or sleep. My room was fine. Bed was comfortable, TV worked well and I had no issues with internet. Room had a microwave and fridge. Plugs at a premium. Bathroom and shower was okay but the towels were think as could be! Although my stay was okay, I would choose somewhere else to stay the next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank panther61
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business and was generally pleased with it. The location was convenient, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful and the bed was extremely comfortable. The only thing keeping me from giving this place a perfect review was the Internet connection. It was extremely slow, so much that I couldn't even watch the most basic YouTube video. I tried both WiFi and plugging in the ethernet cable the hotel provides -- both equally slow. Other than that, I was happy and would recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DCBenP
Upstate, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stopped without a reservation. The front desk person couldn't have been nicer or faster. Helpful with all aspects of the stay and the area. Room was clean, well furnished and spacious. Breakfast was free and had a nice variety. No complaints .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NYAnge53
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel! We stayed here when visiting family in Petersburg, and we brought our little dog along and asked to stay in a suite. The hotel is located right off Interstate 295, and was only a 10-minute drive to Interstates 85 and 95, Petesburg, and Colonial Heights. The room was wonderful, and included all of the amenities that were described on the website. The room was clean and comfortable (although the sofa bed was on its last legs), and room service was available when we needed them. It also helped that the pet fee was cheapest around.

There's a pool (closed during the winter), a workout room with treadmills, a room for you t do your laundry in, and a small business center with a printer available in the hotel, and the breakfast, which was a DIY waffle along with your choice of cereal, bread, coffee/milk/orange juice, and assorted Jimmy Dean biscuit, wasn't bad either, even though it was on the paltry side. Down the street there are restaurants from a McDonalds and a Starbucks Coffee to a Denny's and a Bojangles, so even if you didn't feel like eating at the hotel, there was still plenty around.

Overall, we had a wonderful experience here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jacksonart55
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 18, 2011

It was difficult to find a decent, clean hotel in my budget that was also pet friendly. I was happy from the other reviews on trip advisor, so I tried the Fairfield Inn Hopewell VA. I am glad I did. The front desk clerk greeted us with a smile and, it took her about a minute, literally, to check us in. The room was conveniently situated, close to vending machines and the exercise room, but not so close that we ever heard noise from them. In fact the room was very quiet. It was also clean and brightly lit so there was no chance of hidden dirt somewhere. I checked the linens (as I always do) for bed bugs, and it was all clear. The linens on the bed were clean and fresh, as were the towels in the immaculate bathroom. We ordered pizza from the Italian place right next door, Rosa's, and it was surprisingly tasty. The pizza was awesome with nearly perfect (thinner style) crust and good sauce. The people who work there were also friendly and served us wine at the bar area while we waited for our pizza to come out of the oven. This hotel experience is among the best I have had, especially at this price point. I would definitely recommend it. Oh yeah, and if you choose this hotel, stay for the complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. It was pretty awesome, constantly restocked and kept very clean by the attendant. Some of the options were: Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, waffles made to order, yogurt, fresh fruit, fruit cups, juices, bagels with cream cheese, pastries, cereal, milk, and coffee which was better than average hotel coffee.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BenS3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
Quality Inn at Fort Lee
#7 of 7 in Hopewell
Baymont Inn & Suites Prince George at Fort Lee

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell? Share your experiences!