“No major complaints, some positives.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Good location to Fort Lee, shopping and restaurants. Pool was closed and had a cover on it while I was there. Breakfast had a good offering of fast food hot and cold items. They have a weekly Tuesday manager’s reception with free pizza and fresh baked cookies in the afternoons. The room was spacious & clean, the bed comfortable. Hallways always looked like they needed to be vacuumed. Reception desk staff was not always the friendliest and could use some customer service training. Most of the time they were in the back room and if you needed them had to holler “hello!” so they would come out. The manager was standing nearby the desk one day while I was waiting for someone to come out front and I mentioned that they should get a bell or something and she looked at me annoyed and said “I don’t think so.”

I would recommend this hotel b\c for the most part I was satisfied with out any major complaints. However, if I was to come back to this area, might give the Hampton, or Hilton Garden Inn a try.

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wolfeee99
tarnisha b, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to completing the survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apology for the unfriendly staff. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Hopewell.

Reviewed April 8, 2007

Had I booked thru a third party I might would have tolerated the treatment but I called the hotel direct, a week in advance, to make the reservation, asking particularly about the breakfast bar as we had three options of hotels in the area that served similar breakfasts. Fairfield offered the best rate so I booked with them. It was at 12:30 a.m. when the Sports Bar, whose parking lot conjoins the hotels, cranked up it's music, (waking us both from a deep, road-weary sleep) that played until 2:15 a.m. We called the front desk at 1:30 a.m. to inquire if this was a regular occurence and at what time could we expect to get back to sleep? We were told it was the weekend and people in that town party on the weekends. THIS SHOULD BE ON THEIR WEBSITE for people unaware, who will be attending meetings and/or funerals the following day. In the a.m., we dashed down to the breakfast area (9:15 a.m.) to eat before it closed at 10:00 a.m. They were depleted of ALL fruit, ALL waffle mix, and had only dried up bagels and boxed cereals left. I inquired at the front desk of replenishments and was barked at, "We ran out!" I responded, "What are we, and anyone else who comes down between now and 10:00, supposed to eat? You advertise, and assured me, while I was still back in Ga., that your hotel provides a hot breakfast from 6:30 - 10 a.m." This is the unreasonable response I got. "It's not our fault. You should have been here earlier." Now, there were 45 minutes left until the breakfast was advertised to be over so should it not be the hotels responsibility to have kept it stocked until 10:00 a.m. "as advertised"? Whose fault was it? The neighboring hotels? Had we not BEEN KEPT AWAKE until 2:15 by the continual thumping and vibrating of the neighboring establishments' music, we'd have been to eat earlier, but NEVER should a desk clerk defensively shout at a paying customer, "Don't blame us, it's not our fault. We can't help that you didn't sleep and didn't get here early enough for breakfast." IT WAS ONLY 9:15!!! Lack of training or poor attitude, I could not tell, but all three of the desk staff were rude and defensive, offering no solution or compensation. Will I ever stay at this hotel again? No. We went back to our room, scoured the yellow pages to find another hotel, one in a nearby city along our planned route, packed up, cancelled our reservation for the 2nd night, and left. Being Marriott rewards members, we may be a tad spoiled by their higher end hotels, and simply expected a higher quality of customer care. I have no way of knowing if this is indicative of Fairfield's standard of customer care, but this visit was enough to cause me to steer clear of Fairfield Inns in the future.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 2onTheMove

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell.

Please accept our sincere apology for overall experience, We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Reviewed June 25, 2006

I reserved a king smoking and ended up with a double. The staff at the front desk were more concerned about answering the telephone than helping me. I had to wait at least 5 minutes to check in, and there was no one else in the lobby. I went to what I thought was my room and upon entering found that it was not a smoking room. I have to add that it was a very nice room with a king bed, refrigerator, microwave and the bathroom looked large. I went back to the front desk only to be told that there weren't any king smoking available so I was put in a double. This room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. The bed was okay but I am not used to sleeping on a double bed. The bathroom was tiny but clean. I was told by the manager that the hotel was going to be changing to all non-smoking. That would be a major problem for them being so close to an Army base. I am willing to bet that they lose a lot of customers who happen to smoke. Including me!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Diane M

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.

As a Valued Customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Hopewell.

Reviewed August 25, 2005

This is a great spot if you are a New Englander on your way to or from Florida. Beautifully clean, very friendly but nonoverbearing staff, wireless link works great. Will give you great directions to restaurants, warm cookies at night, computer there for use if you don't have your own, good breakfast (waffle iron, hot and cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, muffins, etc.).

The front desk person was able to give us a great room with a kingsize bed (HUGE!), and an adjoining room with two doubles for our teenage daughters.

All in all, a very nice, comfortable, secure night on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank moseylou

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Best Western Plus Hopewell Inn
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Residence Inn Richmond Chester

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell? Share your experiences!