All reviews front desk waffles marriott rewards free breakfast comfortable room would stay here again great stop clean hotel breakfast bar sitting area one night stay easy access king bed outdoor pool nice stay convenient location roanoke
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Stopped overnight on a long drive. We didn't have reservations, but were able to get a nice suite, and the person at the front desk dropped the price a bit when I gave her my Marriott rewards number. The room was spacious, clean, new, and in good shape. Breakfast was also quite good. Our only complaint was the very bright parking lot light that faced our room, and not even the black-out curtains were fully effective in blocking!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tourismspecialist88
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed here enroute from NYC to Atlanta. The hotel feels new and super clean. I've been impressed with Fairfield Inns in general and this hotel fits the brand.

Nice touches:
* Lobby and common areas very clean and sharp.
* Pool and hot tub open till 11pm, kids loved it!
* Clerk was really nice, asked if we needed a dinner recommendation.
* Very solid floors, furniture, etc.
* Room already had 4 towels.

This is a well-made, well-run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed here for one night while touring area colleges. The hotel room and bathroom were extremely clean, and the breakfast met everyone's tastes. The staff was friendly, and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I usually make it a point to stay at Marriott properties because of their excellent service and the rewards program. However I usually stay clear of any Fairfield Inn's because of previous bad experience with them. After staying at this hotel I have changed my mind about Fairfield. This hotel is pretty new, in excellent condition, rooms are large, beds are comfortable, everything is very clean, and the rates are reasonable for the area. I said in one of their suites which was about $20 extra and it sure was worth it. This room was better than any room I've stayed at a Fairfield, Courtyard, or Spring Hill Suites. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. It is located right off Interstate 81 and about 5-10mins from tons of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were visiting the Lexington/Buena Vista area of Virginia, and stayed here on the north side of Roanoke (40 mins away). This hotel is even worth making a special trip to the southern Shenandoah Valley area of VA, just to relax! This is the most satisfied I have ever been with a hotel room balancing price, amenities, and service! The associate who checked us in (Lauren, I think) went above and beyond in anticipating our needs during our stay and also in helping us navigate the area. This looks like one of the newer Fairfield constructions. It has gorgeous stone accents on the outside of the building that set it apart from older Fairfield's I have seen. The lobby has a great design, and the business center is readily accesible, FREE, and not hidden down a corridor, as it is in some other hotels. The interior of the hotel and room were impeccably clean, and the king size bed seemed huge! To top it off, the breakfast each morning was excellent, with alot of variety and it was plentiful! We also liked that the breakfast ran from 6am-11am... the latest we have ever seen. I can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business