All reviewsfront deskwafflesmarriott rewardsfree breakfastcomfortable roomwould stay here againgreat stopclean hotelbreakfast barsitting areaone night stayeasy accessking bedoutdoor poolnice stayconvenient locationroanoke
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I usually make it a point to stay at Marriott properties because of their excellent service and the rewards program. However I usually stay clear of any Fairfield Inn's because of previous bad experience with them. After staying at this hotel I have changed my mind about Fairfield. This hotel is pretty new, in excellent condition, rooms are large, beds are comfortable, everything is very clean, and the rates are reasonable for the area. I said in one of their suites which was about $20 extra and it sure was worth it. This room was better than any room I've stayed at a Fairfield, Courtyard, or Spring Hill Suites. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. It is located right off Interstate 81 and about 5-10mins from tons of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were visiting the Lexington/Buena Vista area of Virginia, and stayed here on the north side of Roanoke (40 mins away). This hotel is even worth making a special trip to the southern Shenandoah Valley area of VA, just to relax! This is the most satisfied I have ever been with a hotel room balancing price, amenities, and service! The associate who checked us in (Lauren, I think) went above and beyond in anticipating our needs during our stay and also in helping us navigate the area. This looks like one of the newer Fairfield constructions. It has gorgeous stone accents on the outside of the building that set it apart from older Fairfield's I have seen. The lobby has a great design, and the business center is readily accesible, FREE, and not hidden down a corridor, as it is in some other hotels. The interior of the hotel and room were impeccably clean, and the king size bed seemed huge! To top it off, the breakfast each morning was excellent, with alot of variety and it was plentiful! We also liked that the breakfast ran from 6am-11am... the latest we have ever seen. I can't say enough about this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Arrived at Fairfield at 7 PM and the check in was easy. The staff was very curtious and helped us in choosing a place to eat dinner...Hollywood Restaurant. The rooms were very clean and the complimentary breakfast was well stocked. I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. This was our first time at any Fairfield so I have nothing to compare it to. The staff were very friendly throughout our stay. Our room had 2 very comfortable queen beds with lots of pillows on each (don't often get that at most hotels), fridge and microwave, large TV, desk with chair with free wireless internet, another chair and a dresser. Our room faced the parking lot and the main road, but we never heard any traffic. The bathroom was large and very clean. The free breakfast had lots to choose from - big variety of breads, cereals, fruits, yogurt, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice. The room was large too - I've stayed at some hotels where maybe 5 families would take up the whole place. I will say that the hallways were always very warm - 84 on the thermostat at one point. The thermostat in each room is on the wall, but I didn't see it until after going over to the window unit and seeing a note on it to go to the wall switch. There is not much at this exit off 81 (146) as far as restaurants or shopping. You have to go to exit 143 at the Valley Mall for those things, but that's only about 5 minutes away. There is one great place to eat at this exit if you are not wanting fast food - it's called Hollywood's. Everything is homemade and delicious. It's also a bakery so there is a large assortment of wonderful desserts. I highly recommend the peanut butter pie. :) Also, the hotel pool was not open at this point in the season, but it appeared on the small side. The exercise rooom was small with only 3 pieces of equipment so anyone looking for a good workout may be disappointed. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and had no problems. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 3 nights and have nothing but nice things to say about the property. It's conveniently located right off I-81, the rooms are a good size and immaculate and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. Everytime we asked for a restaurant or sightseeing suggestion, the person behing the desk not only happily advised us but also printed out directions for us. An earlier review commented on the beds being too hard. Though firm, I found the beds to be very comfortable and slept great. No complaints!

Stayed: July 2007