All reviewsfront deskwafflesmarriott rewardsfree breakfastcomfortable roomwould stay here againgreat stopclean hotelbreakfast barsitting areaone night stayeasy accessking bedoutdoor poolnice stayconvenient locationroanoke
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed in a king room both times traveling to and fro down and up 81. The first room was on the first floor very nice , roomy and clean . The second room was on a higher floor and more suite like and still very nice with a sitting area to watch tv. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast good standard. Very great stop between Atlanta and Pennsylvania. Very clean and very comfortable. The rate was just a few bucks over $100.00 I would really recommend this for a resting spot off 81. Pretty view outside and fast food and gas.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I cam across this hotel last week at my client's suggestion and came away pleasantly surprised. Hotel is updated and the staff was excellent. Great value for the money and Deluxe continental breakfast was very well maintained. The have an indoor whirlpool that was great after a long dayt, Based on this experience, I would look to return to this hotel on my next visit town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, but G on the breakfast room introduced herself to everyone and then to each other it made day.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I happened upon the town of Roanoke on a conference trip. I stayed at the Fairfield because it was close to the conference location, and offered a greta price on accomodation. Because all the conference booked rooms were taken, they offered me an upgrade for the same price! Perfect!
I was really grateful for the kindness of the staff. They were accomodating ( they let me use the kitchen to make a much needed cup of tea when the urn was broke -this is very important to Australians!), and always willing to help. Unfortunately, when we left we were overcharged and found it difficult to reach staff that could help - I understand they only have casual staff on the weekend - and it wasn't until we were in Australia we resolved the situation. However, watching your bank statements is general travel advice, and not an exclusive flaw of this Hotel.

My issue with the hotel is not its staff, nor cleaniness, but with the location. It's far from town, and there is no public transport. For business purposes though, the hotel does have a van they use to provide (free!) transport, and they were very generous to guests. Catching a cab into "downtown" Roanoke to eat though, was about $25 each way (before tip). Not a problem if you have your own car, but certainly something to keep in mind

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

On a recent business trip I stayed at this hotel. I normally stay at Marriott properties so I figured this one would be comparable. I was wrong. My room was dated and the bath fixtures needed attention. The shower head seemed to be dangling out of the wall, the sink drain stopper didn't work and the toilet ran for an extended time after flushing. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was decent. I will not be staying here again. Recently remodeled rooms are available across the street and are more affordable at the Hampton Inn. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the back side, they face a shopping center that closes at a reasonable hour and will be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business