“A great find”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
georgia
“A great find”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway and decided to stop for the night. We did not have reservations anywhere since we did not know where we would end up. We stumbled upon the Hillsville area and decided to try the Best Western. It was a very nice surprise. The king bed was very comfortable and the room seemed to be newly renovated (the smell of new carpet). The only complaint is the size of the bathroom. The tub and toilet make for a snug fit but it was not too bad. The room did have a microwave and fridge which is always nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western. We hope you will come back real soon to see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed in this motel several times over the last few years. They allow pets, and the first floor rooms are ideal (no steps, and the doors open to sidewalk with parking lot very close). Considering the fact that they allow pets my rooms have always been clean and nice. I would stay here even if I did not have a pet. The heating/AC units seem a little noisy but the rooms seem to hold there temperatures so you can turn it off when want to go to sleep. I have stayed here in both cold and warm weather. Checking in and out has always been a breeze.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David C
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western. We hope you will come back to see us real soon. We are only 14 miles from the home town of Andy Griffith. They have Floyds barber shop that still cuts hair, Aunt Bees Bar B Q place and Snappy restuarant that ophra has her pork chop sandwiches flew out to her. Other attractions about his show on TV. Andy Griffith was born in Mt Airy NC and went to school in Mt Airy. In October they have Mayberry Days. Hope you can come back and enjoy this area with us. Thank you again for staying with us.
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this venue location on our way back from Myrtle Beach. Our truck broke down on Saturday of Easter weekend (we sat on I77 for 4.5 hours) so we knew we would be here for a couple of days. Everyone was so friendly, accomodating and welcoming. The breakfast in the morning worked well for us as we were tired of restaurants. We had to stay a little longer on check out day or we would have had to sit at the dealership for the day (our truck wasn't ready until 6 p.m.) The staff told us to stay as long as we needed. We checked out at 1 pm and hopped on our motorcycle when the weather cleared. We came back to pick up our bike trailer at 6 p.m. and the clerk at the front desk was kind enough to offer us snacks for our trip. Having those allowed us to drive a little longer that evening before stopping. Thank you to everyone at the hotel! We will definitely be back as we have made plans to ride the parkway in the fall. My only comment would be that it was a little loud if you had people staying above you but the rooms were spotless and very roomy with all of the welcome amenities.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. We hope you will come back to see us real soon. We are glad we could help you all out.
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My mom found this gem 13 years ago and we’ve been staying there ever since. Charming location, it sits nestled at the top of the mountains in Hillsville. Very attractive and accommodating rooms: great mattresses, linens, and pillows offer a good night’s sleep. All amenities: TV, fridge, microwave, etc… make the stay more than convenient and comfortable. Kudos to their staff as this place is immaculately kept and pet friendly. Before taking off enjoy a continental breakfast where anything that you could think of is available. I can’t say enough. Recently I was in an accident after leaving my stay in Hillsville. The first person I called was my mom and I told her to call the Best Western in Hillsville as I’d be returning. My car had been totaled and I was scared. Not only did they offer to come get me and my pets off the highway, I could not have been in better hands. They went above and beyond to provide comfort and safety. This place is the real deal and so are the people that run it. We always enjoy our stay!

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the front side of the building as it looks out over the mountains. I als...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us at Hillsville Best Western. We thank God you are alright and was not injured in your accident. We consider you and your mom a part of our family and we do appreciate you all coming back to stay with us. We talked to your mom and she tells us you and your dogs are doing ok. We are on top of a mountain and when the weather get bad the mountain is terriable. We do look forward to you all coming to see us in the spring and we will go out to eat somewhere and enjoy your visit with us. Our guest becomes part of our family and we love you all.
Powell, Ohio
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Each year we pass thru this area in the spring and fall and always stay at this motel because it is always clean, nice furnishings. very comfortable beds, nice breakfast and very friendly employees that are always willing to be of help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jim s
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville. We hope you all have a blessed Holiday. We hope to see you soon.
Cleves, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2012

After a long day's drive from Cincinnati, Ohio to NC this was simply a need for a comfortable bed and a short drive to Charlotte. It was a really nice room which was very clean and the lobby/breakfast area was also clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly.
This hotel is also "pet-friendly", only problem some pocket dogs started barking in the middle of the night, twice for about 45 seconds each time!
The breakfast area is not very large and I would anticipate that if there were a lot of guests it might cause an issue. Breakfast was quite good
We found all of the people in the area very friendly.
Even with the Pets, if I find myself near Hillsville, Va I will return to this motel without hesitation.
Past reviews helped me pick this Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor away from the pet rooms for more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray K
BestWestern47106, General Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The breakfast area is real small and I apologize for that. I wish we could expand it. In the summer we plan on having and area outside the door for our guest to enjoy the mountain air and view of the mountains around us while enjoying breakfast. We do hope you will come back and spend time with us. Thank you again for staying with us.
Utica
Reviewed December 2, 2012

for the money, 98.00 we were dismayed by the condition of the carpeting. It was dirty. the rest of the room was ok. However, in the morning we found a cockroach in with our food bag. very upsetting!
we won'r stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We do apologize for any inconvience you had while at our motel. We are in the process of installing new carpet. I will have the carpet cleaned before anyone else stays in that room. We have had the rooms checked and unable to find any roaches. however, I have the pest control people coming in to spray the rooms. Again I am so sorry. Please come back and give us another chance. Thank you for staying with us
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn
#2 of 8 in Hillsville
Best Western Bryson Inn
Best Western Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Motel 6 Hillsville? Share your experiences!