“Perfect stopover on way to S.C.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Hillsville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Hillsville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
“Perfect stopover on way to S.C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

Second time here older property well kept better than many newer motels far enough away from road avoiding noise and priced right.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BestWestern47106, Manager at Motel 6 Hillsville, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and choosing Best Western in Hillsville, Va. We appreciate your feed back on tripadvisors. We are so happy to here you enjoyed your stay at our property. Although our motel is older we are doing a lot of renevation. We are in the process of installing new carpet, new tvs, and all new refrigators and microwaves in all our rooms!! We hope you can come back soon and we look forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Brockport, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here last week. Staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. Upon entering the pet friendly room I was hit with the smell of cat urine. I went to the desk and asked for disinfectant spray to help with the odor as no other rooms were available. The room was otherwise clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was so small you couldn't get out of the shower without being on top of the toilet. I was awakened in the morning by people moving around in the room above me. My leashed cat had a good night. I have paid a lot less and had better accommodations in other chains.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First of all I want to thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. I want to apologize for the bad experience you had while at our motel. I have checked into the smell of the room and I don't know what happen but I want to assure you it will not happen again. We have installed new carpet in the room you was in and in the process of installing new carpet in all the rooms. We hope you will come back and give us another chance.
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here in March 2012 as a party with 2 adults, 2 children and 1 large dog (65lbs). The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, bed linens good quality, bathroom is small but adequate and rooms have microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Check in was quick, friendly and efficient and we had a good recommendation for a newly opened restaurant very close by.

There is a decent amount of grassed area for the dog, but beware, other pet owners haven't been picking up (if you know what I mean!)

The only negative is that the rooms are not well sound proofed and as we had a ground floor room, we could hear every step taken by the guests staying above our room. When we saw the guy the next day though he was probably about 300lbs, so not surprising really!

Room Tip: If you like Tex Mex food, try the Rio Grande Mexican Cantina which is less than one minute away. Op...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
First of all I want to thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on tripadvisors. We are always pleased when our guest is happy and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back and see us again real soon. The labor day week end we have the world largest flea market and we are 14 miles from Andy Griffith home town Mt Airy NC.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

My husband and I were traveling from Pennsylvania to south of Charlotte, NC for Christmas. The location was a great distance for us because we were leaving after work and wanted to get most of the trip out of the way for the next day. The hotel is an easy off/on from I-81. We booked the room through Expedia and they do offer a AAA discount. The price was one of the least expensive in comparison to other hotels in the area. The room was very nice and clean. Mini fridge, wifi, comfortable bed, flat screen TV with full channels. The only complaint I have with the room was mentioned by another reviewer- the ac/heat unit is very loud. The continental breakfast was also nice in the morning.

Room Tip: Our room was across from the stairwell- we heard luggage up and down the stairs at all hours.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of changing out all our a/c heater units. We hope you will come back soon. Thank you for taking the time to give a review on tripadvisors. We look forward to seeing you all again.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We picked this hotel on our return to SC from NJ because we were traveling with our dog and they took pets. The room was very clean and there were no noises from other pets although I know there was a lab staying in the next room. The room had a frig, microwave, wifi....pretty much everything. There was a large grass area in the back to walk the dog. The staff was particularly friendly. We asked for and received a recommendation for a local restaurant for dinner (Stingray) which was very good. The breakfast was also quite adequate. I would certainly stay here.....and eat at Stingray....again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all I want to thank ;you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. We are always pleased when our guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us. Me and my staff make ever effort to make you and your pet feel at home with us. We now have treats for our 4 legged friends and doggie bags.
Montoursville. PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

My husband and I stay here on our way from PA to Hilton Head, SC the first week of October. We were very pleased with everthig about this hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good, The employees were very friendly. Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank chukbud
First of all I want to thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. We thank you for taking the time to give us a review with tripadvisor. Me and my staff are pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. I see you was here in October, if you get to come back this year in October you might want to go to the Autum Leaf Festival in Mt Airy Nc 14 miles from us. This is the town Andy Griffith come from and his show was named mayberry after his town. The streets are closed off and is a big event. Also we 8 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway a scenic drive.
Gonzales, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was our 4th hotel in 4 days and I was ready for a decent hotel! I was pleased when we got here. Arrived around dinner and the front desk staff was nice. Got a AAA discount so the price was right. We were able to park outside our room and the grounds and pool looked nice.

We had a king room and it was pretty spacious. Inspected it fairly closely to look for bugs and such but found no problems. The little room with the tub and toilet was very small, though, and hard to move around in with the door closed. However, it was all clean and seemed to be in good shape. Easy to get to on/off the interstate and there's gas and restaurants around. TV worked good, lots of channels and we didn't hear the neighbors.

Breakfast area is small but we were there early. Not a huge selection but it was good and filling. We were headed out for a day of driving so we didn't want a heavy meal anyway. Overall, I liked it and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly D
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a review on tripadvisor. I also want to thank you for staying with us at Best Western in Hillsville, Va. Me and my staff are pleased your stay was a good one. We have added many items to our continental breakfast. We now have biscuits and gravy with egg omlets, boiled eggs. We also have sausage and bacon added that we may not have had on your last visit with us. We also have many other items. We are also getting a pancake maker. We do hope you will come back again real soon. Thanks again for staying with us. We also are only 8 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 14 miles from the Andy Griffith home place in Mt. Airy NC. Oprah Winfrey has pork chops flew to her from the snappys restaurant in Mt. Airy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn
#7 of 8 in Hillsville
Hampton Inn Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#1 of 5 in Galax

Been to Motel 6 Hillsville? Share your experiences!