“Stopped for breakfast while traveling home from SC.”
Review of Shoney's

Shoney's
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Hillsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wanted to have the buffet but most of the food trays were empty. Waitress said a bunch of truckers had just come in and cleaned them out. We ordered off the menu instead. About halfway through our meal the buffet food was being replaced so we were glad we did not wait.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (193)

Reviewed September 11, 2019

We eat here often with friends numbering between 15-25. We are always seated in the back room so that we can all sit together and have ample room. The food is always good, hot and fresh. A large selection to pick from. You can get the full bar or soup/salad/dessert/fruit. Our last visit the staff was making sure everything on the bar was kept full and clean. Our waitress served us quickly and made sure all drinks were filled. Nice atmosphere and clean. I would suggest that they take out or move the items for sale out front. There's not enough room for people to stand when they are waiting on a table or waiting to pay. This causes all doorways to be blocked.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019

It's kind of hard to come down on Shoney's, it's not trying to be fancy or put on any airs. If you approach it that way, you won't be disappointed. My wife and I had the dinner buffet. I'm not sure there was anything else available, they pushed us toward it pretty hard. It was just average comfort food, but it was warm and plentiful We asked for a glass of wine and it took them a while to figure out if they even had any in the building, lol. Hey, we'd been on the road all day and wanted a drink. Anyway, Shoney's will always be just Shoney's. we'd do it again...maybe we will.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2019

My husband and I use to look forward to going to this Shoney's for their breakfast buffet every Saturday and on days when we are both off of work. I hate to say that is not the case anymore. The past three times we have been the breakfast bar was out of biscuits, out of gravy and eggs, and no bacon. When they did bring these items out the lines formed on both sides of people trying to get these items was unreal, and by the time everyone got through many of us were left without anything, and so the cycle was the same every single time. The food is very good if you can get any, but they just cannot keep it stocked for some reason lately. I finally just ate french toast and evidently everyone else was too because when I went back to get more they were out of it too. So disappointing and the manager didn't seem to care either. I doubt I will waste time or money on this place anymore.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

We went to Shoneys for the breakfast bar. Food was very good and bar was stocked with a good variety. Waitress was very friendly and made visit special.

Date of visit: July 2019