“Great Pizza!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Galax, Virginia
“Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am originally a New yorker and have never been able to get a good pizza with a great crust here locally in Virginia. I just had the BEST PIZZA AT JULIANO'S. Crust was awesome and full filled my needs for a great NY pie. Finally got a take out menu and can't wait to go back and try the gypsy chicken with artichokes,olives capers,tomatoes,garlic ,basil , lemon in a lemon butter sauce .

1 Thank Donna W

Wadsworth, Ohio
“Awful service, ok food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were passing through Hillsville and saw on Tripadvisor that Juliano's was rated the best for the area. We decided to give it a try since it had such great reviews. We had a table of 8 adults plus 2 small children. I went in first to see how long of a wait it was going to be. They said it was going to be 30 mins although there was literally 4 patrons in the entire restaurant at this time. We waited for ten minutes and then the same person who told us it was going to be 30 mins had came up to us to ask if we had been helped yet. Apparently she had forgotten in the short 10 mins that we were waiting for a table. And we were the only ones waiting for a table. This should have been our red flag.

When we were sat, the waitress got our drinks and started taking our orders. A few of us had wanted to get a stromboli/calzone but then we were informed that they "weren't doing strombolis or calzones tonight." We were disappointed but made other decisions. My wife and I decided to get split a pizza and a salad. Our pizza came out hot but our salad didn't come for another 15 mins after we got the pizza because the waitress had forgotten about it. The pizza had a sweeter sauce, not my favorite but it wasn't bad. The crust was good. The salad was fresh and came with their house italian dressing. We weren't a fan of the dressing, it was like a very thick balsamic dressing but was also on the sweeter side.

The problem came when my sister's pasta dish never came out. We had reminded them when our salads never came out that she was still waiting on her pasta dish. She was still waiting on the pasta when we had all completed our meals. She had the waitress cancel the pasta because it was just pointless at that point. The supervisor came by and stated that she was going to remove it from the bill, like she was doing us a favor. But that should have been expected! We also saw at least 3 other tables getting stromboli when we had been told that they weren't doing those tonight. We never saw our waitress again, we had to ask someone else for our checks. But probably the most upsetting thing was that we never once got an apology. I understand that sometimes people just have "off" nights, but they could have at least apologized. Because of this reason, we will never return when we are in the area again. The food did not make up for the poor service.

As a side note, it would be a good idea to get a changing table in the bathroom for families to use for their infants. How else is a baby's diaper supposed to be changed in a restaurant?

1 Thank Tara R
“Worst service I've had in a long time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We ate dinner at Juliano's this evening. We had terrible service. It took a very long time to get our food. We were in a group, and several of our group ordered salad, which came after the pizza and then only after requesting it twice.

I ordered pasta that still hadn't come after several requests and the rest of our group was done eating. I cancelled it, an not only did I not get an apology; we did not get a discount on our meal, and thy asked like thy were doing us a favor by taking it off.

On top of that, we were told that they were not serving Stromboli that evening, and several tables that were seated after us got Stromboli.

The food we did get was fine, but the service was awful. I would not recommend it.

Galax, Virginia
“Awesome ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family has eaten at this restaurant several times in the past few months. I have found that the food and the service is Awesome. The Pizza is exceptional. There is nowhere in the surrounding area with such good food and service. Our family enjoys every dinner we have at Juliano's.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 247Michelle_Holt
Statesville
“Excellent food and very nice prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have eaten in many towns in many different states, and this place was a pleasant surprise--great menu of choices, gracious portions, excellent taste, nice decor, and very clean restrooms. We will eat here again when in the area!

• Visited May 2013