“Good Food & Happy Hour Drafts”

Rio Grande Mexican Cantina
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Hillsville
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This place was recommended by the desk clerk at the Quality Inn. We arrived during happy hour so draft beers were only $0.99. The salsa and chip appetizer was good. We enjoyed our meals as well. We were out the door for under $20 (not including tip.)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Although we found that many of the restaurants we had researched prior to our arrival had closed, we were fortunate to find Rio Grande. It is nothing special but it works. The food is good, the menu has numerous choices, there are specials daily, and the price is good for the wallet.

Wait staff is attentive without being obtrusive. I would recommend Rio Grande if you are in the Hillsville, VA area.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

With limited resturants in the area, I tried Rio Grande. I found a very extensive menu. My selections were prepared well and portions were most adequate. The staff was friendly . I will return when I return to the area.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went to the Rio Grande Mexican Cantina near the interstate and food was just average,. Ordered a Patron margarita and was told they were out of Patron! Settled for a substitute that was sweeter than I would have preferred. My meal of enchiladas supremas was ok but the tortillas had a chewy texture. Have had much better versions of this standard.
A slow afternoon and service was good.
Have been to the other Rio Grande in Hillsville numerous times and would choose it over the cantina.