“clean, good price”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“clean, good price”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed one night. The room was small but clean. It definately looked better than some of the other hotels in the area. Free wifi. Got a smoking room which was in a seperate building in the back of the main building. No frills, but overall not bad for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bob24333, Manager at Super 8 Hillsville, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thanks for posting your positive comments on our property! Our staff works everyday to create a good guest experience and super clean room

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It was a great hotel with the best deal. We loved our room. My wife and I were traveling and needed a place to rest for a night after long hours of drive. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean. We will definetly come back if we pass through here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your comments! Hope to see you again on your next visit
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and me stayed at Super 8 in Hillsville VA,July 2nd 2012.
On the morning when we resumed our trip South,half way thru I realized I had left my diamond wedding ring and other jewrelry.I called and the clerk at the desk Mr Scott was very helpful
and went right away to the room and found them.What a relief""".We drove back and got them.
We could not thank him enough.I am forever gratefull for his devoted service.
Lucia Saint Louis

Room Tip: The rooms are OK for passing travelers,and you can count on the honnesty and helfullness of clerk l...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your positive comments! I am glad Scott was able to return your ring. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed on the second floor of the back building of the hotel. The room was basic, but pretty clean. The big downside was the room backed up against a truck parking area, and ya heard trucks run all night. I think $72.00 was steep for that room.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front building
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped at this super 8 in the wee hours of the morning after an all-night drive from NYC. We stopped in to inquire about the price, and the attendant Kim offered us a coupon discount. It was clear this Super 8 was the least expensive option in the area. While we eventually decided to keep driving, we had a wonderful experience at this Super 8 - Kim was such a help and was so kind and generous. She even offered us some complimentary coffee and snacks for the road, which really brightened our morning. Thanks to Kim, we will associate Super 8 with warmth and hospitality. We are sure to visit again!

• Stayed June 2012
Mars, PA
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here for a night on our way to Myrtle Beach. We booked the room through Wyndham Rewards website a half hour before we checked in. We had no problem checking in, they had our info when we got there. Our room was clean and had 2 queen beds, a microwave and refrigerator. We couldnt get the microwave to work and figured out that it was connected to lightswitch.
Near the hotel is McDonalds, Shoneys, Wendys and a Pizza Inn. If you drive 5-10 miles west (left at the light), then ther is an Arbys, Walmart, KFC, Applebees and Ciros Pizza.
The hotel was quiet. They had a breakfast from 6-10. Waffles, little donuts, oatmeal, 2 cereals, toast, juice, coffee and hot chocolate.

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Myers FL
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at Super 8 Hillside Monday May 28, 2012, We booked our reservation online when we were at a nearby restaurant two blocks from the hotel. When we arrived at the front desk we told the clerk we had a reservation. He said he only had two reservations and ours wasn't one of them. Within 5 minutes it came across the computer. He asked us about our room and we told him we had reserved a queen bed in a non smoking room. He said it was processed as a smoking room. I asked if he could change us to a non smoking room. He said I had to call the online provider and have it changed. The only thing he did to help us was he gave us a phone number to Expedia. My husband went to the car and brought the computer, we set it up in the lobby as they needed the confirmation number to help us. We spent 10-15 minutes on the phone trying to get the problem fixed. After 10 minutes the clerk said "That is terrible they are making you wait so long maybe I can fix it from here." I thought "Well, why didn't you try when I asked you to 10 minutes ago." So he made an adjustment on the computer and we were in our room. Then he told me if it had been Friday or Saturday night he wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I could go on about it but you get my drift. The room was great. There was no outside noise. We loved it. It was convenient to Shoneys and another restaurant. Someone just needs to coach the front desk clerk on customer service!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple