“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Hudson, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

If you want a good place to stay, this is it. If you want a place to complain about go somewhere else. In my opinion, I have never stayed at "the perfect motel". However this is very close to it. We did not hear any traffic noise, however we were not facing the highway. The staff was some of the nicest we have meet during our travels. There was a nice breakfast with plenty of food to carry you through to lunch. The room was very clean and parking was plentiful around the motel. We stay here every time we travel I-77 and would not consider any other motel.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about highway noise, ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kinds words on my hotel. I am so glad you have been staying here for years as I know there are plenty of hotels to choose from in Hilsville. I am always making the hotel better by renovations and updating the hotel year round. I hope you continue to choose our hotel when you are in Hillsville, Va. Thank you again.

CJ PATEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel so often I can't remember the number of times. I travel through a often with my family and the service is always great. Rooms Are clean. The breakfast is plentiful too! They have the inside pool and Jacuzzi so even in the winter my family and I aren't bored. In fact We will be staying there in a few days to visit family. Peaceful.

• Stayed March 2014
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hotel staff were excellent- especially Tiffany! She told us about the County Line Cafe- great country restaurant the locals use. Great prices and great food. Rooms were very clean and the location to I77 super. Lots of parking lot lights for security. We will make this a must stop on our way south each year!

Room Tip: all rooms have blackout blinds to block out security lights
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your kind words on my hotel and my staff member Tiffany. She has been with me for over 7 months now and is wonderful at her job. Thank you so much and see you soon.

cj patel
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Extremely clean, staff very professional and friendly, good breakfast, reasonable price - overall, a good value for the money. I hesitated because some of the reviews mentioned minor problems like highway noise, poor quality towels, too soft bed, cold floor, etc. - but I didn't experience any of those problems. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the 3rd floor. I did not notice any traffic noise whatsoever, and the room had blackout curtains. I stayed on a bitterly cold January night and my room was warm and comfortable. The free wifi worked well, and I liked the HDTV and the outlets in the bedside lamps, which made it easy to use my laptop while in bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nomadic_Nerd
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your kinds words on my hotel. My staff and I take great pride in making our guests happy while at our hotel. Once again, thank you for staying and seeing the hotel for yourself.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Every year when my husband & I drive to FL. This is where we spend our first night. We start out in Saratoga Springs, NY. Takes about 12 hours to get there, but he won't stay anywhere else.

Have a lovely indoor pool & hottub, the best breakfast around & warm cookies in the lobby when you arrive (we usually arrive around 4-4:30 pm). Be sure to stop at the Virginia Welcome Center and pick up the hotel/motel coupon book. We stay in a non-smoking king room for less than $65.

Located right off the interstate exit.

Room Tip: Didn't rate room service because there isn't any. Have never been in a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Coldwater, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

One of main reasons I chose this motel was because of the ratings on Trip Advisor. Just short of 5 circles. These people must have low standards.
As I have done in past reviews, I will do a rundown of the pluses and minuses.

Pluses:

Soft towels. Plenty of hot water. Good water pressure. Free cookies in the lobby. Lots of brochures. Plenty of electrical outlets. Bed seems comfortable. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Good number of eateries within close distance.

Minuses:

Floor shakes. Floor is cold (it was -2 degrees at that time. Air/heat unit runs constant. Does not cycle, so there is a constant low noise. Room is on the smaller side. When other closeby units shut their doors, the walls shake, and maybe the floor also. The cleaning staff has not been issued a crevice tool since the corners and along the wall edges are not very clean.
The sound insulation was probably left out by accident. There is traffic noise and hallway noise. On the plus side, if you leave the AC/Heater on, you won't hear these noises.

In closing, this establishment (in my opinion) does not deserve the almost 5 circle rating.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank banjobillk
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This I think is my 2nd or 3rd time staying here. Lost count I have tried other properties in Hillsville. Very nice accommodations. When I stay here I opt for the king room with in room whirlpool. Always relaxing after a 6 hr drive from Penna. Nice and quiet room no road noise even though you can see I-77 from the property and got lucky this trip and no neighboring room noise. The free breakfast at this Comfort Inn was much better than the one I stayed at recently in Penna.Sausage, eggs (that tasted like eggs) and biscuit n gravy. I will continue to stay at this property when I pass through this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn Mount Airy
Motel 6 Hillsville
Motel 6 Hillsville
#3 of 8 in Hillsville
4.0 of 5 stars 196 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!