“Glad I stayed here!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Sarasota, Florida
“Glad I stayed here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Extremely clean, staff very professional and friendly, good breakfast, reasonable price - overall, a good value for the money. I hesitated because some of the reviews mentioned minor problems like highway noise, poor quality towels, too soft bed, cold floor, etc. - but I didn't experience any of those problems. I asked for a quiet room and was given a room on the 3rd floor. I did not notice any traffic noise whatsoever, and the room had blackout curtains. I stayed on a bitterly cold January night and my room was warm and comfortable. The free wifi worked well, and I liked the HDTV and the outlets in the bedside lamps, which made it easy to use my laptop while in bed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nomadic_Nerd
dylansiya, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Thank you for your kinds words on my hotel. My staff and I take great pride in making our guests happy while at our hotel. Once again, thank you for staying and seeing the hotel for yourself.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Every year when my husband & I drive to FL. This is where we spend our first night. We start out in Saratoga Springs, NY. Takes about 12 hours to get there, but he won't stay anywhere else.

Have a lovely indoor pool & hottub, the best breakfast around & warm cookies in the lobby when you arrive (we usually arrive around 4-4:30 pm). Be sure to stop at the Virginia Welcome Center and pick up the hotel/motel coupon book. We stay in a non-smoking king room for less than $65.

Located right off the interstate exit.

Room Tip: Didn't rate room service because there isn't any. Have never been in a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Coldwater, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

One of main reasons I chose this motel was because of the ratings on Trip Advisor. Just short of 5 circles. These people must have low standards.
As I have done in past reviews, I will do a rundown of the pluses and minuses.

Pluses:

Soft towels. Plenty of hot water. Good water pressure. Free cookies in the lobby. Lots of brochures. Plenty of electrical outlets. Bed seems comfortable. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. Good number of eateries within close distance.

Minuses:

Floor shakes. Floor is cold (it was -2 degrees at that time. Air/heat unit runs constant. Does not cycle, so there is a constant low noise. Room is on the smaller side. When other closeby units shut their doors, the walls shake, and maybe the floor also. The cleaning staff has not been issued a crevice tool since the corners and along the wall edges are not very clean.
The sound insulation was probably left out by accident. There is traffic noise and hallway noise. On the plus side, if you leave the AC/Heater on, you won't hear these noises.

In closing, this establishment (in my opinion) does not deserve the almost 5 circle rating.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank banjobillk
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This I think is my 2nd or 3rd time staying here. Lost count I have tried other properties in Hillsville. Very nice accommodations. When I stay here I opt for the king room with in room whirlpool. Always relaxing after a 6 hr drive from Penna. Nice and quiet room no road noise even though you can see I-77 from the property and got lucky this trip and no neighboring room noise. The free breakfast at this Comfort Inn was much better than the one I stayed at recently in Penna.Sausage, eggs (that tasted like eggs) and biscuit n gravy. I will continue to stay at this property when I pass through this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
COLUMBUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

have stayed here several times, & wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. property is well maintained. there is a bigger microwave in the breakfast area to pop a bag of microwave thoroughly. breakfast is quite good. low cal yogurt available. everything in the room worked properly, nice fixtures in the bathroom (kohler). cable tv (comcast) is good with plenty of hi def channels. 32 inch lg tv is good. heating unit is whisper quiet. the staff is friendly & helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have frequented this hotel in hillsville VA on and off for more than 10 years. it has consistently shown the best service, best staff and best perks (late night cookies and a wide range breakfast nook in the AM -- to name a few). Hillsville is a very nice town to visit if u like to see Fall Foliage or enjoy antique stores in the area. it is a small area just off of I-77. lots of nice places to dine and fast food too. A walmart and a Lowes are only a few miles from the Comfort Inn.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Thomas M
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Got a good rate, and it was clean and nice for my family of 5. Breakfast was good too. Ver close to the I-77 exit. We were traveling south from Boston to Alabama and decided to stay there. Bed were so comfortable and room was quiet. Loved it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Hampton Inn Hillsville
Hampton Inn Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#1 of 5 in Galax
4.5 of 5 stars 357 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!