“Good breakfast, dirty jacuzzi.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Hillsville

Quality Inn Hillsville
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Durham, North Carolina
“Good breakfast, dirty jacuzzi.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My fiance and I have stayed at this motel two different times during Fall trips to the mountains. The breakfast buffet in the morning has awesome biscuits and gravy. The rooms are a bit dated, but are liveable. The thing I found that I did not like on both occasions was that we paid extra for a jacuzzi room and the jacuzzi was dirty. The outward appearance wasn't bad, but when you unscrew the jets on the side of the tub (this is how you make the jet stronger or lighter) there was black scum and hair in them both times. The second time I asked to speak to Mr. Patel and was told he was not there and would not be back before I was scheduled to check out. Needless to say I did not get into the jacuzzi and will check the jacuzzi upon arrival if I ever go back there!

Room Tip: Check jet cleanliness on the jacuzzi before you accept the room!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is a great halfway point for my trip to Pa. I do have one concern. As someone who cannot walk very well I like to get a room On the top side closest to the lobby. Unfortunately if you show up as a late arrival, getting a parking spot by your room is impossible . I recommend the hotel should mark a reserved parking spot for each of those rooms at that area so you can
be assured of a spot. They have lots of parking but it seems everyone wants to park onthat top lot! The breakfast is fabulous and the rooms are clean . Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Kahuna2454
Hanksville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

They have a workout room thats open all hours so I was able to fit in some excercise before breakfast and checkout.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a good half-way point for us traveling to see relatives in New York. There's a lot of competition in the area so we shopped around finding the best deal for the price. We looked at one of the rooms before we actually decided to stay here. I am a very picky person and I'm the kind that will look for things to be wrong, but you can really tell that they pay attention to detail here. I especially liked that they did not have the "traditional" old fashioned comforters that most all other hotels have. They were really nice duvets with mattress toppers, and more than enough fluffy pillows than you could ever need. Their bedding is excellent and way above their price point! We were travelling with our young teenage children and we were even able to get a room right beside the pool so we could sit outside our room and keep an eye on them without having to pack up our things after a long trip and lug everything down to the pool. Cookies were even served in the evening, which is just another great small detail I didn't expect. Breakfast was great, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall our stay here was perfect and we plan to stay here coming back on the way home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Georgia_Peach454
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I travel quite frequently through the area and have stayed at many of the hotels at this exit. I've never stayed at this particular Quality Inn and I must have to say that I was thoroughly impressed! Upon checking in the front desk staff were very professional and accommodating, even to a few unusual requests I had. They were more than happy to answer any questions I had and were very kind. The room was very clean as well as the other parts of the property, and even though it was a busy weekend, I had a great, quiet night's sleep...and I must say that their mattresses are awesome! At breakfast time I expected just a small continental breakfast, but they had a full hot bar so there was no need to grab breakfast anywhere else! All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any needs, whether it's just stopping through for a night or you're in the area for a few days on business or visiting family. I know I will definitely make my reservations here every time I travel back through the area!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MorganG85
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

My family was traveling late to get to out of state family to celebrate the 4th. We had planned on driving all night but that was not our luck after having a flat tire after just getting to the top of Fancy Gap Mountain. The mechanic that picked my family and our car up recommended the Quality Inn and I will have to say we were very impressed. We have stayed in some that were absolute night mares and this was my fear espically for a small town. The decor is alittle out date and could use some updating. However it was very clean and comfortable. The front desk lady who checked us in was very polite and assured us that it was not a problem for my family to stay pass check out to give the grage a chance to fix our car. We were not able to get everything out of the car that we needed but that was not a problem either. They had a crib for my toddler and in the morning we were able to get toothbrushes and toothpaste for all of the famliy.
When we got to finally check out there was no problems with our bill like I had feared and I was able to give my family a good breakfst as there was such a varity. For the price it was a little more than we were hoping for since we were not expecting to have to stop but with the kind of service we got on a busy Holiday Weekend we are very satisfied with our unexpected stay. I would recommend this hotel and my family and I will look at Quality Inn a little differently now.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KiKi0876
South Egremont, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

A very nice motel that accommodates pets at a very reasonable price.
Use the Shoneys nearby for restaurant and DO NOT use the Country Restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Rstan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in Hillsville
Hampton Inn Galax
Hampton Inn Galax
#1 of 5 in Galax

Been to Quality Inn Hillsville? Share your experiences!