“Great stop before Blue Ridge Parkway”

Hampton Inn Hillsville
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hillsville
Reviewed August 19, 2014

A typical Hampton Inn with very comfortable rooms. The free breakfast was surprisingly good with a wide variety of food. A great location off the freeway and quiet. Very good wifi and tv. Bathroom and room in general were very clean.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stopped here from the highway during a long road trip. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean, and the rooms were nice. The indoor pool was very large and included a hot tub, which our children enjoyed after being in the car for so long. The breakfast was good and overall our stay was very nice.

Room Tip: Choose room in back of hotel.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Bed was good, room was quiet and dark. Average breakfast. The breakfast to go bag was very nice. Not much interaction with staff, but they were nice enough. Getting to the hotel and back to the highway was easy.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Check in was smooth and when we stepped out of the elevator, to go to our room, the hallway smelled so fresh and clean and it continued into our room. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. The rooms furnishings were nice, the beds were comfortable and the comforter and sheets smelled clean and sanitary. The breakfast was better than some hotels but what made it great was the gentleman who stocked the food items. He made sure everything stayed clean and neat and nothing remained empty. He was constantly working to make sure everyone had everything they needed, and he obviously took pride in his work. He did a fantastic job! Our overall experience with this hotel was definitely positive and we will absolutely return.

1  Thank Tammy F
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Have stayed here in August for 10 years. Always clean, very helpful and friendly staff, never any problems. The most comfortable beds of anywhere we've stayed. Very close to I-77, restaurants, convenience stores, fast food, etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

When I made reservations for our trip to Florida, I wanted an overnight stay where I would feel confident in staying. I've stayed at Hamptons before so I selected this one Hillsville. I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. It was just my daughter and I traveling and I felt very safe. The staff during check in was very helpful and courteous. The room was extremely comfortable. We even got to use the swimming pool before turning in for the night. Knowing we had to get on the road as soon as possible, it was nice to get a full breakfast (sausage, eggs, waffles) at the hotel and not have to worry about finding something to eat - taking more time away from our drive. The only problem we had was the Wi-Fi. When my daughter and I tried to access at the same time, it was very slow. When I logged out, she was able to access without any issues.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We pulled in off of I-77 for the night on our way north. We tend to like Hampton Inn as they have been consistantly good in our experience. This hotel is a little difficult to find as it's placed behind a McDonalds and only a small sign which says turn here indicates how to get in.
I asked for a quiet room and person at the desk put me in the front of the hotel above the entrance, clearly he wasn't paying much attention to my request. There are a few decent places to grab a bite when you're in town but unless you want McDonalds you'll have to drive a bit to find them.
My room was clean, beds comfy and bathroom clean, so no complaints there.
However, I've always liked the breakfasts at the Hampton Inn, but here it just was not nearly as good as I've had at other Hampton Inns. The hot cereal was watery and inedible. I guess the waffle machines were working well, but I wasn't looking to carbo load. Other choices were unappetizing and we ended up having english muffins and some cold cereal...not our first or second choices usually.
The Hampton Inns tend to be good choices for us, but this one was not our favorite. If you can travel a little further down the road, you might have better luck with the next one as they seem to be almost at every exit of I-77 and I-81.

Room Tip: For quietest room, ask for something in the back of the hotel which doesn't face the road and th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsville
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Hillsville
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
Red Roof Inn Hillsville
#5 of 8 in Hillsville

Been to Hampton Inn Hillsville? Share your experiences!