“Dulles review”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Cleveland, Ohio
“Dulles review”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Crowne Plaza at Dulles was a great overnight stay. The hotel is very easy to get too and has great customer service. The rooms are clean and well-maintained by the management. I had a great overall experience and I hope to stay there again. Special thanks to Mark W, keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex B
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guest room and our convenient location. We are especially glad to hear when our team members provide excellent customer service, and I will forward your nice comments regarding Mark to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Well after 20 straight hours of driving finally got here, walked in and it stunk and is by far over priced, the hotel is a waste of time, vending machines dont work unless you have all coins, to me it is a crap hole, here's some advice if your gonna spend that kind of money, pick a different hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jnc022154
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for the recent review of our hotel. We value our guests' opinions, so are especially disappointed when we do not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide a good price value for our guests, as well as ensure that all amenities are in working order. I will forward your comments regarding the vending machines to our vendor so they can resolve this issue.
We hope that you will consider staying at our hotel again so that we can have the opportunity to provide an experience that exceeds your expectations. Please contact me directly at Sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just want to say thanks to Rajni and Paul at the Crowne Plaza in Herndon next to the Washington Dulles Airport. I have been working in VA for 16 months now and fly back and forth to California out of Dulles to see family. The Crowne Plaza is easy to get to, convenient, always clean, always friendly, and a wonderful environment. Rajni and Paul were working the front desk on Saturday after I had just flown on a long trip from Cali and they put me up and treated me to breakfast. They were very nice and accomodating. I use the parking service and shuttle to airport every time I travel. Everyone from the front desk personnel to the shuttle drivers are always professional and courteous. I love this place and it always makes my travel so easy. Houlihans restaurant connected to the hotel has a great atmosphere, layed back, and good food. You have to get the Thai wings. Awesome!

Room Tip: From the rooms I've stayed in (1st and 4th floors), always quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as the friendliness of our staff. I will forward your nice comments regarding our front desk staff to our management team so they can recognize Rajni and Paul.
I am also glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant. I also love the Thai chicken wings and highly recommend the fried asparagus and the tuna wontons appetizers.
We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to the Dulles area. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Once again, I find myself wishing there was a rating on Tripadvisor between "Average" and "Very Good," like "Good," for example. I'd rate this property better than average, but slightly less than very good. I needed overnight accommodation, near Dulles, due to a 13 hour connection. As and IHG Rewards Gold member, I often try to stay at IHG properties, especially as there was a bonus promotion on. The hotel is fine and you are unlikely to be disappointed, if you stay here. The staff were friendly and enthusiastic. There is a Houlihan's restaurant at the property, at which I had an enjoyable dinner. Although this is an airport hotel, it's not actually on airport. There is a free shuttle van service, which gets between the hotel and the terminals. Be advised, when going to the airport, the shuttle runs on their schedule, not yours, so leave extra time. I think there is one every half hour, or something like that. I know I ended up waiting for the next shuttle to the airport, a noticeable amount of time, which can be a bit stressful, when one has a morning departure from the airport. The property was clean and wifi worked fine. Still, something made me feel more "good" than "very good." I don't know whether it's that I have stayed in so many hotels, now, that I'm getting harder to impress, but I doubt that's it. For one, the hotel is very "low rise," while all the other Crowne Plazas I've stayed at have been taller. Perhaps that's why it had more of a Holiday Inn feel to it and less Crowne Plaza-ish, than other Crown Plazas I've stayed at. I always feel badly saying anything with even the hint of negativity, when staff have been great, but I'm just being honest. If you don't mind the small profile consider it a "very good" hotel. I got a discount coupon towards dinner at Houlihan's, at check in and used it. Good food, there. I wouldn't mind staying here again, if I'm in the area...except that I prefer to stay in hotels I haven't stayed at before, so I can write more reviews. I wish they would run the shuttles when there are people needing to go to the airport, rather than waiting for their schedule. Consider this hotel a decent option if you need to stay near the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant. We focus on providing great customer service so are especially pleased that you found our staff friendly and enthusiastic.
Our airport van shuttle does depart from the hotel every half hour, and I will forward your suggestion regarding departure times to our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to the Dulles area.

Saranac Lake, Ny
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was a great bargain. It was not only remarkably inexpensive for the area, but was most comfortable with many amenities available. The restaurant was just fine as well.
The only criticism was no morning papers and no tea (coffee was available in the lobby).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank myrnarock
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you feel we provided a good price value in the Dulles area and also enjoyed our amenities and Houlihan's Restaurant. Our lobby has complimentary coffee in the morning, and your guestroom is stocked with tea bags in addition to coffee. As a fellow tea drinker, I also will forward your recommendation to our food and beverage department for adding tea to the lobby station.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and happy holidays!
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times 2 out of 10 I've seen a bug inside my room. I wish this never happened because the location is great and the employees are nice but it's not easy getting comfortable and waiting for a lurking creature. :-(

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Christina A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Christina A,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at our hotel again. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Since I have many international biz trips, hotel is very important for me to take a rest for next day biz meeting.
Actually I didn't have this hotel schedule originally but since my flight was cancelled then had to stay one hotel.
I always prefer to stay intercontinental hotel group so no need to spend time to choose hotel.
It took not much time my choice was right. Hotel crews were the best ever my entire hotel experiences and room/service were also great!
Specially I really appreciate one crew(Mr. Paul Flores) because he really took care of me since I was sick at hotel and he provided the best service for me.
I can't forget his service and professionalism for a long time.

Overall my rate for this hotel and crew is same level of Shangri-la in ASIA. As you know Shangri-la hotel price is at least 2~4 times expensive than crown plaza and Shangri-la hotel was my best experience so far but now I wanna say... Crown Plaza Dulles Airport hotel was my best memory....

Wish to meet these nice crown plaza crew and service at different my biz travel place.

Best regards
Jason Park

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is hard to feel poorly when traveling, so I was especially glad to hear that our staff's service was so helpful. I will forward your nice comments regarding Paul's professional service to our management team.