“Relax until I woke up with a bug in my bed”

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times 2 out of 10 I've seen a bug inside my room. I wish this never happened because the location is great and the employees are nice but it's not easy getting comfortable and waiting for a lurking creature. :-(

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Christina A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Christina A,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at our hotel again. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Since I have many international biz trips, hotel is very important for me to take a rest for next day biz meeting.
Actually I didn't have this hotel schedule originally but since my flight was cancelled then had to stay one hotel.
I always prefer to stay intercontinental hotel group so no need to spend time to choose hotel.
It took not much time my choice was right. Hotel crews were the best ever my entire hotel experiences and room/service were also great!
Specially I really appreciate one crew(Mr. Paul Flores) because he really took care of me since I was sick at hotel and he provided the best service for me.
I can't forget his service and professionalism for a long time.

Overall my rate for this hotel and crew is same level of Shangri-la in ASIA. As you know Shangri-la hotel price is at least 2~4 times expensive than crown plaza and Shangri-la hotel was my best experience so far but now I wanna say... Crown Plaza Dulles Airport hotel was my best memory....

Wish to meet these nice crown plaza crew and service at different my biz travel place.

Best regards
Jason Park

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is hard to feel poorly when traveling, so I was especially glad to hear that our staff's service was so helpful. I will forward your nice comments regarding Paul's professional service to our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next trip to the Dulles area.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel was very nice. I enjoyed the room. The bathroom was very nice. My entire stay would have been perfect if the beds had just been a bit more comfortable. They were very firm and rough. A mattress pad and some softer bed linens would have made a huge difference.

1  Thank TijuanaJuan
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and your guestroom. We appreciate feedback from our guests, and I will forward your suggestions regarding the bedding to our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

i want to congratulate Paul and Andrew for his excellent service, they were so helpfull for us tonight and always with a smile thank you guys, i travel a lot to many places over the americas and crowne plaza herndon its one of the best hotels, the rooms are clean the food also, and the most important thing the front desk personell they always help you with good information about washington

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles. We are always happy when guests enjoy our guest rooms and Houlihan's Restaurant, but are especially pleased to hear that our staff provided you with excellent and friendly service. I will forward your nice comments regarding Paul and Andrew's service to our management team so we can commend them on their good work.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I attended a conference here during the first week in November 2013. Every last detail was attended to professionally from the early morning breakfast buffet to the savory lunches, and great mid-morning and afternoon breaks. There was ample space during breakouts. Parking was not an issue and there was both indoor and outdoor parking. The proximity to Dulles Airport is also a plus. It is immediately adjacent to the Dulles Tollway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff enjoys hosting many different conferences, and I will forward your nice comments regarding the catered meals to our food & beverage department. We are also glad that you found our location near Dulles Airport and the Dulles Toll Rd convenient.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at a future conference. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Some rooms are better than others (of course). This is solid choice as I have been travelling area on business for over 10 years. Staff is friendly and very competent - especially Mark W at front desk and drivers to airport. Houlihans restaurant is good. This is solid choice and while not over the top in luxury (it is moderately price), it is over the top in service.

Room Tip: Ask Mark what he has available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide excellent service for all our guests, so we are especially pleased that you felt our staff was friendly and that their service was over the top. I will forward your nice comments regarding our guest service agent, Mike, to our management team so they can acknowledge his good work.
We love to welcome back return customers and look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next business trip to Herndon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while he was in town for training for 26 nights. The hotel is very clean and well-kept; and we were impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, they worked hard to make us feel comfortable. We also liked the restaurant, it had an excellent menu, and the atmosphere was pleasant. Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and at home, so we are so pleased that you enjoyed your long stay with us. I will forward your nice comments regarding our staff's friendliness and efficiency to our management team. We are also glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant. Our extensive menu selection and reasonable pricing options is popular with guests like yourselves who are away from home for an extended time.
We look forward to having you as a return guest during your next trip to Herndon. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.