WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Gloucester, Virginia
“Feels Like Home!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have to admit, this is my home away from home whenever I'm in the DC area.

Leslie, one of the Managers at the Crowne always greats you with a smile aqnd sincer welcome back. She and her staff will do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and uneventful. Mike on the desk is also a "rockstar: in his own right. Helpful, courteous, and hard-working. It's clear there's top-notch leadership (I'm thinking Leslie again) that helps bring it all together.

There are lots of choices in the area and beleive me I've shopped them all and stayed at most, but for my money this is best overall hotel in the area. Also, attached is one of the best "locals" bars in the area. Houlihans is awesome for a great meal and a relaxing drink after a hard day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We value our return guests, so I was especially pleased to hear that Leslie and our front desk staff provided you with such excellent service. Our goal is to be our guests' "Home away from home", so it's great that you felt we delivered on that goal.
I will also pass along your nice comments regarding our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. My new favorite dish is the Shrimp Panzanella salad, a delicious salad for springtime that I can highly recommend.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to hosting you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent two nights at This wonderful hotel on march and had a very good experience. The Rooms are impecable and quiet .fitness center is very spacious and clean. The shuttle staff are very friendly and courteous..Leslie,Edin are very profesional and courteous and actually put in effort to make my stay as confortable as possible..i'll back soon.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your guestroom, the fitness center and our van shuttle. We focus on providing good customer service, so it it is especially nice when we hear that our front desk guest agents were so professional and courteous, and I will forward your comments to our management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Herndon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was in crowne plaza last month,it was super amazing ,the hotel was very nice an a good location,great pool,we had breaksfat at the restaurant wich was so good. the room were a nice size and very clean the bathroom is spacious and you had all you need.edin was very helpful and friendly he did all he could to make my stay comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you found your room clean and spacious and also liked our location next to additional restaurants, shops and multiplex movie theatre. I was especially pleased that our staff was so helpful and will pass your comments to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times. The staff is very nice and efficient. The rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. The hotel supplies an airport shuttle which is important to me. The Hoolihans restaurant on the property is excellent. I look forward to my next stay at this hotel!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as our Houlihan's restaurant during your stay. Our 24-hr complimentary shuttle to Dulles Airport is also popular with many guests.
We value our return guests and look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have visited the hotel bar on many occations. The bar is excellet, and the bartenders are the very best. Craig, Vic, and Steve remember your name, your drink preference. True professionals. I highly recomend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice review of our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. Houlihan's is very popular with both our hotel guests as well as the local community. I will pass along your nice comments regarding the bartenders to our Houlihan's management team.
I also would like to recommend trying either of my favorite appetizers, the fried asparagus and burger sliders, the next time you visit. Our outdoor patio is also ready for your enjoyment as soon as we have warmer weather.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been staying for 3 nights every week for the past one month, and I found the staff courteous, rooms clean, and bathrooms clean and shining. Since I arrive almost at the same time every week, I find Patrick at the front desk who greets me with courtesy and respect. He tries to find the right room and accommodation I am looking for. The gym is open 24 hours (next to the swimming pool).
The location is excellent. There are restaurants nearby (walking distance) including a grocery store (Giant).
The free breakfast buffet coupons are a plus!!! and Houilihan's staff is friendly and courteous.

Overall -- Excellent place to stay!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location, your guestroom as well as our other amenities. Our focus is to provide excellent customer service, so we are especially pleased that our front desk and Houlihan's staff provided you such friendly service.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We normally stay near the airport when we have an early flight and our hotel of choice is normally this Crowne Plaza. The previous visit was only so-so at this location, but our most recent stay really shows a different hotel property. The room was nicely appointed as usual for a Crowne Plaza but the staff made the difference. The staff were all very nice and friendly. I don't remember the staff there being so nice.

We found the shampoo and soaps in the bathroom to be very upscale and all made in the USA, which is also reallly nice. The bed in our room was not in the best of condition as the middle of the king size bed had a big dip in it. My wife didn't object to her side of the mattress and we both slept well.

The best part was the shower! Great shower head with lots of hot water. I enjoy a nice hot shower in the morning. Give this place a try. Enjoy the shower!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 678855
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff so helpful and nice. I will also forward your comments regarding your bed to our maintenance department. We are currently replacing mattresses, so they will ensure that this mattress is scheduled for replacement first.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to welcoming you back again.