“Superb visit, Great Service”

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Superb visit, Great Service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I continue to stay at the Crowne Plaza Dulles due to the staff and hotel accommodations. Leslie Alves, Front Office Manager, always goes out of her way to make my check in and stay comfortable, convenient, and enjoyable. The room is well appointed and the fitness center and pool are well maintained.

Hotel’s airport transportation is timely and well run.

Great deal and the tower rooms are worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Upgrade to enjoy the free breakfast and snacks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BKYLLC
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We always enjoy hosting return guests and are glad to hear that our staff helped make your stay so enjoyable. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of our fitness facilities and enjoyed your guestroom.
Our Club Level guestrooms are available for an additional fee, and many guests enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast (available weekedays) and snacks available in the Club Lounge, as well as the extra amenities.
We look forward for the opportunity to host you gain on your next visit to the Dulles area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Top notch staff dedicated to customer satisfaction. I stayed at the hotel for a Friday morning business meeting scheduled for an off-site location. About one hour before the meeting was to begin, the planned meeting site became unavailable due to unforeseen reasons. The hotel staff was able to provide us with a full-service private conference room with refreshments and a polycom phone within 10 minutes of my request for a very reasonable fee. We moved the meeting location to the hotel conference room and it went off without a hitch. The staff remained attentive to our needs for the duration of the meeting. Thanks to the staff's extraordinary efforts and accomodation, the morning was saved. I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler, especially those looking to hold meetings or conferences.

1 Thank Joe F
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. Our goal is to exceed expectations, so we were very happy that our catering department and our Crowne Meetings Director, Tim Thomasberg, were able to help you book a meeting on short notice and ensure that your meeting was a success. Their attentive behavior reflects our hotel team's goal that each customer receives excellent customer service.
We look forward to the opportunity to host another meeting for you in the future.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went to Washington, DC in the summer and enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms were nice and breakfast was good. The trip from downtown DC to this hotel wasn't too long of a trip. I slept very well and didn't have trouble falling asleep. The bathrooms were nice and clean and the hotel wasn't outdated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ben K
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the Houlihan's breakfast. Many of our guests also enjoy the value and convenience of staying in the surburbs and being close to Dulles Airport when visiting Washington D.C.
In early 2014 we will also be within four miles of the new Wiehle metro station on the Silver line, providing even easier access to Washington D.C.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Washington D.C.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the last time I was in D.C. for business. The hotel is a short 10 minute cab ride from Dulles. If you tip a bit more than usual, the driver won’t be as disappointed in the small fare.
The first room they put me in had an issue with the adjoining door. The veneer layer on my side of the door was peeling away from the door itself and bending out towards the room, starting at the top of the door and going down about half way. I noticed this immediately when entering the room so simply turned around and went back to the front desk to request a room change. The front desk employee was very apologetic about the situation and re-booked me into an alternative room right away. He also provided a drink coupon to be used at the adjoining watering hole -- another way to redeem their service standard. The next room was fully functioning and everything worked as expected. You can tell the hotel has been around for a while. The flyer in the elevator promotes the remodeling work they’ve already completed along with a schedule of what other improvements are coming.
The one redeeming quality of this particular location is that it's connected to a Houlihan’s Restaurant, which is a great venue for hot soup and cold beer.

2 Thank Terry K
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are glad that you chose our hotel and found our location so convenient. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in having to switch guestrooms. I was pleased that our guest service agents were able to resolve the issue quickly for you. They also notified our engineering department so that they could repair the guest room door.
I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. My favorite soup in Houlihan's is the Baked Potato. I can also recommend our new 10 oz. burger and Roasted Chicken dinner.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hello,

I want to share my experience at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel. The staff is top notch. Very proactive and they pay attention to all of the details which is why I would recommend this hotel for business travelers to the area or even tourists. I am a business traveler and the guys at the front desk (Mark and Siddique) are really keen on giving great customer satisfaction. Once they recognized me from my last stay they asked if I wanted to stay in the same room as the last time I visited their hotel. I think that attention to detail is what sets this hotel apart from all the rest.

Thank you guys and keep up the good work!

Quin L

1 Thank Quin L
We would like to thank you for choosing our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport for your recent stay. Our hotel team's goal is to exceed our customers' expectations, so we were very pleased to receive your detailed review of how our guest service agents Mark and Siddique provided you with great customer service.
Thank you for your kind words and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again the next time you visit the Dulles area.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent Hotel and i highly recommend this hotel,The room was very nice,the staff Rajni And Edin took good care of my needs,the van drivers were very dependable and friendly.I just want to thank the CROWN PLAZA for a great stay. I will come back in this hotel. thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nibo c
Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass along your nice comments regarding our guest service agents Rajni and Edin as well as our van drivers to our hotel team.
We welcome our return guests and look forward to the next opportunity to host you during your next visit to Herndon.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Convenient location to Washington-Dulles airport. Hotel was clean and quiet during my weekend stay. Plenty of nearby restaurants - one connected to hotel. Room was comfortable and temperature was easily adjusted. Bed appeared to be clean. Mattress was firm. If you are a Priority Club member, make sure you ask for access to their club room with some free breakfast items on weekdays and water/soda and snacks all the time.

I don't think the person that checked me in spoke English very well and/or was new. Even though it was already on my reservation profile, I mentioned I was a Platinum member at check-in and did not receive the normal Priority Club arrival package, room upgrade or access to the club room. I didn't find out about the club room until after check-in and went back to the desk and got my key upgraded. Also, the cleaning staff was even worse with the English language. It took a lot of time to explain to the cleaning lady when she knocked on our door that we were still in the room, would be leaving in about 5-10 minutes and to come back then.

Other than those minor inconveniences, the stay was fine and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KenS9
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed your room, our Houlihan's Restaurant and our central location.
We place a high priority on recognizing our Priority Club Members , so I was disappointed that we did not acknowledge you properly upon check-in. I have forwarded this information to our Front Office Manager so they can ensure that all guest service agents are thoroughly trained regarding Priority Club and the different level's benefits.