Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$67
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

$93
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$121
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$63
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

$100
$96
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$84
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$83
$63
ComfortInn
1,098 results
All reviewshoulihan's restaurantfront deskdulles airporttaco bellspecial thanksexcellent customer servicemovie theatershuttle servicean early flighti highly recommend this hotelone night stayconvenient locationbusiness travelerfitness centerfree shuttlemaisdalia
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel is close to the airport. It seems to have been very nice at some point. Spacious rooms, big screen TV, a lot of pillows, big bathroom and a complementary breakfast. The problem is that it's a bit run down. It could use some renovation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Amir Z
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you for your business Tel Aviv and for your honest Tripadvisor review of our Crowne Plaza. We are very pleased that you saw value in our many features and experienced acceptable customer service.

Hotel renovations and improvements are never-ending and I hope we have the chance to serve you again soon so you can see progress.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Stayed there one night. I live 35 miles away, but I stayed there because I worked late and had to be at work early next morning. Anyway....

Ok hotel (no WOW factor). Didn't see much of it during my 12 hour stay, but definitively didn't see anything wrong either. Staff checked me in quickly and professionally at 10 PM without a reservation. Hotel was clean, including my room, so no complaints. Hotel is just yards away from Dulles toll road, and about a 10 minute ride to Dulles airport (or ~45 minutes from DCA). Walking distance are numerous restaurants, shopping, and a movie theater (Japanese, Mongolian, Indian, Pizza, Mexican restaurants...), so definitively a great location and plenty of choices for those who just want to walk (no need to drive) to any of those restaurants, or go to the movies. On-site restaurant (Houlihan's) is a good restaurant, also serving breakfast.

Definitively designed for flight crews and business travelers in mind, this hotel is well situated in Herndon in a convenient location. It does what it is designed to do, and does it cheaper that competing hotels within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. I studied your detailed comments closely and was very happy to see that overall we seemed to meet your expectations. While it is not completely clear to me I certainly respect the opinion that you were "under-whelmed" by our hotel and efforts. We will continue to work hard to please our guests and thank you again for the time you took to share your thoughts.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Shuttle only once every 30 minutes and small, had to Waite more than 50 minutes in the cold with my children as it was filled quikly by single quike rude airline staff the first time shuttle arrived. Very old slow elevator, takes more than 1 minutes to travel 3 floors, rude uncooperative staff, worst value for money ever. Don't stay at this crappy hotel

Room Tip: Stay away from this crown plaza
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank rubsara
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We booked a room at the Dulles Crowne Plaza the night before a family vacation, because they let us park in the lot for over a week and provided a free shuttle to the airport- the price was very similar to what we would have paid in the Dulles economy lot and as a bonus, we didn't have to get up at 4am to drive to the airport the next day.

Upon arriving around 9 pm or later, we were surprised that the room "would not be ready for an hour." If we had arrived prior to 3pm check-in time, this would be no big deal, but we were ready to go to bed at this point since we had an early flight the next day.. When were they expecting us? Midnight? I complained mildly and suggested they upgrade us to a suite if our room or one like it wasn't ready. They ended up giving us a king room instead of two queens (my 9 year old daughter had to share our bed, but oh well...) and free drink coupons at Houlihans downstairs (which turned out to be quite nice) for our troubles. They were going to give us free breakfast as well, but that didn't start until something like 8 am and we had to catch a shuttle at 5:45 AM.

Despite the annoyance, the room was super clean and attractive. I can't speak about features I generally use like the fitness room, pool, and wi-fi, but this was a very nice hotel and I would imagine those things would be more than adequate. There were many large reception rooms for events that looked quite nice. Parking was a surprisingly long walk from the room/lobby. I will be more than happy to book another room if I have an early flight leaving from Dulles before a week long trip.

Room Tip: May want to call ahead to make sure your room is ready!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hawknoah
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Hello Frederick Maryland and thank you for the very detailed description of our hotels' features and benefits.

I appreciate the time you took to describe your experience as well as hotel attributes in such thoroughness and I am certain it will benefit to other Tripadvisor Members.

I am sorry about the confusion at check in. It surely is unusual for a guest's accommodations not to be ready at that late hour of the evening. I was able to track down some information as a result of your comments and while somewhat complicated, it mostly involved a new staff member. In any case you provided a helpful tool for re-training.

Thank you again for your time and effort.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Dulles Airport, Herndon, VA. The breakfast area for elite status members was okay. It was clean and decent selection for a "continental" breakfast. The mattress is in serious need of replacement. They leave a "sleep advantage" packet on your bed, but a few sprays of lavendar are not going to help you when the coils feel like they are sticking up out of the bed. It was awful. I stayed three nights. By the third day, I wanted to change flights and go home early to avoid my third night on that bed, but I sucked it up. I was told upon check in that I was upgraded due to my platinum status, so if that is the best they can do, I feel sorry for non members. The shuttle bus is posted online for 11pm last pickup at the airport, but it runs until midnight. I called to ask where at teh airport and couldnt understand the guy so he just told me to tell him where i was and then the bus would stop and it did so that worked out okay. It could use some updating and didnt feel that safe given the lobby access to the street and a shared parking lot with fast food restaurants taco bell and wendys. I wont be visiting this one again.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank senza210

Thank you for your time and effort to share your observations of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport.

While very grateful for you pointing out some of our best features including our club lounge and hotel cleanliness, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Our staff is researching the mattress issue to determine the room location so corrective measures can be taken. That area of the hotel has newer furnishings and we were surprised to hear of your dissatisfaction. Nonetheless, your comments are helpful to our improvement.