1,132 results
All reviews houlihan's restaurant front desk dulles airport taco bell special thanks excellent customer service movie theater shuttle service great amenities park and fly an early flight i highly recommend this hotel one night stay business traveler fitness center free shuttle dc area
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Melisa Geter was our reunion person that I and one other person dealt with for our reunion. Melisa was always very accommodating to our needs and ideas and the plans we wanted to do for our reunion. Just as an example we wanted to have a barbeque out side and she worked it out to our satisfaction and the needs for about 48 people. Melisa also gave us other activities around the area that we could pick from for our members. Melisa really has quite the experience for military reunions. She is a great asset to your hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank jerrys61
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Hi West Chester Pennsylvania and thank you for the time you took to complete this great Trip-Advisor survey. We take great pride in participating with military reunions - they are not only filled with great stories but make us feel patriotic as well. Thank you for your kind comments and for your business loyalty.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was recently the reunion coordinator for a military reunion at this Crowne Plaza Hotel. The rates were excellent, the staff profoundly helpful, the location convenient to the airport - with a nearby bus connection to the METRO. There were plenty of nearby restaurant options. I give the location five stars. We were pleased with the rooms and guest services. I am a retired airline pilot and have enjoyed and suffered from the extremes of hotels all over the world. In comparison to the hotel rates in the District, and housekeep in those hotels, this hotel was an incredible value.

The food services staff put forth an excellent banquet for our group of 43. Melissa the reunion coordinator, Jay the food service manager, were most helpful.

Overall we were very pleased.

3  Thank willyum2

Hello Ferndale Washington and thank you for your kind review of our Crowne Plaza. We love our military reunions - not only are the stories fascinating but it makes us feel a little patriotic to play a roll in these kinds of reunions. Thank you for your kind comments and thank you for your business loyalty!

Reviewed May 22, 2011

If you are looking for convenience to Dulles, this is the hotel for you. If you have other considerations-forget it. The Marriot is DIRECTLY across the street. We booked a King room months before arrival. We requested a change to Queen and were denied. We were told the hotel has many high point priority customers and the queen and Tower rooms are for them. When we arrived, they had arbitrarily changed to a double room. We were in the double room for 5 days/4 nights. There were two false fire alarms, one of which was at 3:30AM! Guests were huddled under the hotel carport in the rain for nearly an hour. The elevator carpets are filthy, not even vacuumed. (We were there 5 days)
They do not change the bedding daily and honestly, it looked wrinkled and unchanged when we arrived. Even when laundered, they are not pressed. The desk could not provide area restaurants or tour info just DC info.
So, if you have a zillion Priority points, you may get your room request. If you are there for business or in and out of Dulles-fine. We had no choice. It was the choses sight for a reunion. Otherwise-choose another hotel.

Room tip: Be a Priority Member with lots of points.
2  Thank traveler31_11
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I cannot be more complimentary about this hotel. I stayed here last night before I flew out of Dulles, and the hotel is fantastic. The shuttle bus makes the hotel superbly convenient, but the interior and touches of class are wonderful. The pool is big enough to swim in. The fitness room is well equipped. Rooms are good sizes, TVs are huge, beds comfortable. Lots of freebies, including water and snacks.

Not only the hotel itself, but the staff were also excellent. My flight was late, so asked to stay a little longer - a 3pm check out. They staff said this was fine without any questions asked at all. They also booked my taxis for me for my business meetings. Excellent. I am glad the manager comes on here to read comments - he should be proud of his teams efforts.

The restaurant attached also serves good food - I think it is called Houlihan's. It is a shame the service is so atrociously terrible in there, however. It has soured my entire experience, and I hope the hotel manager passes this on to the management of the restaurant. Slow service, and innatentive staff. Also, this afternoon I wondered down to get a beer as I had some time to kill, and the guy asked for some ID. Aside from the fact I am well beyond this age, I could only produce a UK drivers license. It was all I had on my as my baggage was packed up and securely locked away. EVERYWHERE else accepted a UK license, but this guy was just plain rude. He said "I am not going to serve you unless you go and get your passport. Your UK driving license means nothing to me". Unbelievable. I know it is the law, but he was just so rude to go with it too...

So well done Crowne Plaza, you excelled yourselves. But avoid the restaurant. Get room service instead. Same food, but delivered by staff who give a ****.

Date of stay: April 2011
4  Thank mellowlellow
Reviewed April 11, 2011

As a frequent traveller for business as well as leisure, I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza (Dulles location) on several trips. It is a great location and is quiet and clean. I especially appreciate the staff who are friendly and are sensitive to the needs of frequent travellers. Wayne Thompson, the Room Manager, goes out of his way to remember guests and ensure their satisfaction. There are numerous hotels around this location, but I find myself returning to this hotel repeatedly because of the service and the fact that know I will get a good night's sleep.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the tower.
Date of stay: April 2011
1  Thank PackFan320
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2011

Good Afternoon Spokane Washington and thank you for taking the time to share helpful and kind comments of your experience with our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport.

We are proud of all our staff and appreciate your recognition. In particular, Wayne Thompson is a hard-working and true hotel professional and I am pleased he has made a great impression on you.

Thank you again for your positive input and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours,