1,118 results
All reviewshoulihans restaurantfront deskdulles airportattached restaurantspecial thanksmovie theaterexcellent customer serviceshuttle servicegreat amenitiesan early flightpark and flyi highly recommend this hotelone night staydowntown dcconvenient locationbusiness travelerbusiness trip
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I travel to and stay at this hotel one night on a weekly basis.

My sincere compliments and accolades are directed to the Assistant Front Office Manager, Ms. Leslie Alves. Ms. Alves always handles my reservations and any requests I may have in the most proficient and professional manner. When I check in, Ms. Alves is usually at the front desk. She and all of her front desk staff never fail to welcome me with a broad, genuine smile that is accompanied with a warm and cheerful greeting.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Greetings MissiesMom and thank you very much for the time you took to share these wonderful comments of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and of our Leslie Alves. Leslie is a terrific hotel professional and plays a very important part of the hotel's committment to meeting guest expectations. It was very kind of you to share these lovely thoughts.

Thank you for making our day!

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have been staying at the Dulles Crowne Plaza several nights a week for several months. Starting with the front desk and Leslie Alves, I am always warmly welcomed and feel very much part of the family there. Amenities are very comfortable and the location is perfect for nearly anywhere I need to visit in the area. Nice resturant attached and a covered garage for most parking nights. All in all a great stay and a great value. Would and do recommend it to many of my traveling colleauges. 30 years of business travel 1.5M miles. Where I stay is important to me. I like it here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for you kind comments Glenmoore Pennsylvania. We appreciate the time you took to share the helpful detail but it was also very kind of you to mention Leslie. She is a great hotel professional and helps lead our concern for meeting our customer expectations. Thank you for your business. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

The service starts when you enter the front lobby and are met by a person who smiles and welcomes you to their hotel. Check-in was a breeze, all my information was correct from the booking and the room was in great shape. I live in the country and normally have an issue with street lights shining in my room, but the curtains were of excellent quality to block out the lights when I need it most. The trip from the hotel to downtown Washington takes about 30 minutes and it is highway all the way until you reach Constitution Blvd and the Whitehouse. Very easy to find and located close to tons of restaurants (if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Thank you for your detailed and helpful (and very kind) review or our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. I am glad we met your expectations and in particular that the staff did their part. I thought the comment about the "street lights" was very funny because it happens to be a personal pet peeve of mine.

You're the Best Ottawa Canada! I hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

The Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel is the best alternative for travelers that pretend to spend one or a few nights in DC.
I am Brazilian but have been living in Central Virginia for almost 3 years, and have flown to and from Dulles several times. I have stayed on different properties many times before trying this hotel in August 2010, when I visited with my wife, two young kids and mother-in-law, who was returning to Brazil. We spend a couple of nights and our stay was wonderful. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, they have a nice indoor pool and a fine alternative for restaurant inside the property. There are also several dining and shopping options less than a mile from the hotel.
I then spent two nights in December 2010 and January 2011, enjoying the hotel Stay and Park rate, which allowed me to use their covered parking garage (great for the winter in DC) while traveling with the family to Brazil. These last stays were just as great as the first one, and I will definitely go back the next time I need to be in the Dulles area.
Their staff, at the front desk, restaurant, pool, housekeeping and shuttle, is amazing, extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

We love your review "Maesano" and sincerely appreciate the time you took to share these thoughts. Your detailed comments will no doubt be very helpful to your fellow Tripadvisor user. I am so happy we meet your expectations and have earned your repeat business.

We can't wait to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

The east coast was a nightmare during the Boxing Day snowstorm and I had to travel to Washington, normally a 5 hour drive from NY, to Dulles to pick up someone. The ride took 8.5 hours in the snow. I looked on my GPS for nearby hotels (YEAHHHH GARMIN!) and found the Crowne Plaza Dulles. The desk was friendly when I called and told me I could catch the last shuttle. I said we would be driving over and they said they had plenty of rooms. Check in was quick and we were in our room in less than 5 minutes. The only problem was we were starving and the restaurant had closed for the night (it was around 11pm). No one at the front desk could give us clear directions to even a diner in the area. Taco Bell is in the same parking lot but they didn't answer and we were forced to eat sandwiches from the 7-11 across the street. However, I am glad this hotel was there and would recommend it to travelers passing through Dulles.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Hello New York and thank you for taking the time to record you thoughts about your "blizzard" visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are not fans of snow-storms but I have to say that the guests staying with us during that particular snow storm were in great spirits. Usually it is a bunch of folks who expected to be on a cruise ship somewhere and not in a Herndon Virginia snow storm. Some of our guests even built us a snow man in front of the hotel. So thank you for your complimentary review but allow me to compliment you for making the best out of a rocky situation and helping make the entire experience as pleasant as possible for everyone.

Yours Truly,