“Sonia” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Sonia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was a huge fan of Sonia who was serving the breakfast buffet. Very pleasant and even took my plates when I was done. Really went above and beyond the call of duty. I'd definitely stay here again, because it got my day off to such a great start!

Room Tip: Found this room last minute for $75 on the HotelTonight iPhone app
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friend, Ann, and I stayed here for a week in January. We had both previously lived in the area and were visiting from the UK to do some shopping, shigtseeing and reminisce. Lynne greeted us on our arival after a very long flight and told us to get a drink and some cookies whilst she checked us in - what a great welcome! She then printed us out directions to get us to Dulles Town Centre Mall so we could start shopping and gave us a great map and restaurant listing of the Herndon area. The room, a 2 Queen Beds Studio Suite, was a great size with a nice seating area and fridge, microwave and sink. We couldn't have asked for more during our stay. The breakfasts were lovely, especially the cheese omelettes, and Sonia and the other ladies were very friendly and kept the area spotless and always re-filled whatever time we came down in the morning. I would recommend the hotel to anyone and the price was very competitive. We will definately stay here next time we are in the area. Thank you to everyone at the hotel who made our visit so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have stayed in hotels all over the world and the staff here was kind, generous and accomodating, far more than any we've ever experienced. We were visiting family and when we asked for a cot so our grand daughters 2 & 6 years old could stay over, the hotel was quick about bringing one. No matter that it was not our origanal plan. The kids loved the pool and felt right at home. The 2 year old even ask if this was our house. The breakfast was fresh and good every morning with a nice variaty. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff especially Lynne. She treated our little grands like princesess and spoke to them and gave them treats when we came through the lobby. It will remain one of our best memories!

Room Tip: We stayed 2 times in 2 different rooms. Three days the first time and two the second and both rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two days. It was the best value in its genre that we could find.

The location is superb, midway between downtown Herndon and Reston, nice, safe neighborhood. Staff was pleasant, room clean and nice size. Breakfast is included in the fare and was basic yet sufficient. The breakfast area was appealing - clean and nicely decorated. We didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. The only reason my rating is a 4 instead of 5 is that the bathroom (though nicely decorated) in the room had a ventilation mishap. It did not have a fan (and no windows, as typical) and the bathroom (perhaps due to the way plumbing works in that facility) tended to quickly feel very stuffy upon regular use which emitted an unpleasant odor in the room - not too strong, but enough to be noted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We picked up our daughter in the evening at IAD and stayed here for the night. It was one of the best Hampton Inns we have stayed at (I am a gold member). Every person at the reception desk was pleasant. Room was clean and well furnished. Breakfast room was large and the attendant was checking and cleaning the entire time we were eating. We are vegans, so the only suggestion I have for the hotel is to make non-dairy milk available to their guests. For $100 a night it was a great deal.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I picked this hotel specifically because it was right along the Washington & Old Dominion Rails to Trails biking, hiking and running trail. This is a paved trail that totals 45 miles. The Hampton sits about 100 yards off an access to the trail. This is a great trail to run on BUT beware.... lots of crazy bike riders during the daylight hours primarily who think they own the trail. I purposely ran before daylight so it was fairly safe. You do have to pay attention to occasional traffic intersections.

The Hampton itself was clean, staff was courteous and attentive. Room was very clean and I do have to say that Hampton has some of the most comfortable beds around. Breakfast is okay but it is free...

Would recommend this as a stay if you are a runner for sure...

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property. I choose this place because of its convenient location to the office I visit and to Dulles Airport. While I find little variability among Hampton Inns (I stay at many), on this most recent visit I was pleasantly surprised by the large room I was given. Check-in was quick and easy, and the staff pleasant. Although adequate, breakfasts are never the highlight of my Hampton Inn stays, but here at the Herndon property, Sonia was courteous and helpful. Nearby restaurants I've liked: there's a great Vietnamese restaurant, Saigon Pho Style, just across Spring St, and a Carrabba's Italian Grill on the other side of Fairfax Co. Pkwy, across from Target. I will be back to this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure to provide your Hilton Honors number at the time of reservation.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 228 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!