WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
New York City, New York
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two days. It was the best value in its genre that we could find.

The location is superb, midway between downtown Herndon and Reston, nice, safe neighborhood. Staff was pleasant, room clean and nice size. Breakfast is included in the fare and was basic yet sufficient. The breakfast area was appealing - clean and nicely decorated. We didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. The only reason my rating is a 4 instead of 5 is that the bathroom (though nicely decorated) in the room had a ventilation mishap. It did not have a fan (and no windows, as typical) and the bathroom (perhaps due to the way plumbing works in that facility) tended to quickly feel very stuffy upon regular use which emitted an unpleasant odor in the room - not too strong, but enough to be noted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We picked up our daughter in the evening at IAD and stayed here for the night. It was one of the best Hampton Inns we have stayed at (I am a gold member). Every person at the reception desk was pleasant. Room was clean and well furnished. Breakfast room was large and the attendant was checking and cleaning the entire time we were eating. We are vegans, so the only suggestion I have for the hotel is to make non-dairy milk available to their guests. For $100 a night it was a great deal.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I picked this hotel specifically because it was right along the Washington & Old Dominion Rails to Trails biking, hiking and running trail. This is a paved trail that totals 45 miles. The Hampton sits about 100 yards off an access to the trail. This is a great trail to run on BUT beware.... lots of crazy bike riders during the daylight hours primarily who think they own the trail. I purposely ran before daylight so it was fairly safe. You do have to pay attention to occasional traffic intersections.

The Hampton itself was clean, staff was courteous and attentive. Room was very clean and I do have to say that Hampton has some of the most comfortable beds around. Breakfast is okay but it is free...

Would recommend this as a stay if you are a runner for sure...

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property. I choose this place because of its convenient location to the office I visit and to Dulles Airport. While I find little variability among Hampton Inns (I stay at many), on this most recent visit I was pleasantly surprised by the large room I was given. Check-in was quick and easy, and the staff pleasant. Although adequate, breakfasts are never the highlight of my Hampton Inn stays, but here at the Herndon property, Sonia was courteous and helpful. Nearby restaurants I've liked: there's a great Vietnamese restaurant, Saigon Pho Style, just across Spring St, and a Carrabba's Italian Grill on the other side of Fairfax Co. Pkwy, across from Target. I will be back to this Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Make sure to provide your Hilton Honors number at the time of reservation.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I spent about 2 weeks in December 2012. The Hampton Inn experience was a beautiful one for me because of the very helpful staff, location, nice rooms, the very good breakfast, and the flexible shuttle service. But most importantly I will stay here again because of the excellent staff. Everyone is very friendly, and goes out of their way to make my stay pleasant. Of special note are the front desk, shuttle bus and breakfast staff - Lynne, Srinivas, Sonia and others I cannot remember their names.

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I travel to Reston between 6 - 12 times in a year, staying a week at a time. This Hampton Inn has been my preferred hotel because of the location, nice rooms, the very good breakfast, and the flexible shuttle service. But most importantly I stay here because of the excellent staff. Everyone is very friendly, and goes out of their way to make my stay pleasant. Of special note are the front desk and breakfast staff. Since I stay with them so much the staff recognizes and greets me personally which makes my stay even better.

Room Tip: For me the best rooms are the third and fourth floor even numbers king rooms above 22. They face ou...
1 Thank chelam01
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice hotel--new, appealing lobby, not the standard ugly Hampton Inn box. But for some reason, my room is sealed in Kryptonite: I can barely hold onto a cell call (never, ever an issue), and my email connection over the free wifi is spotty. I called the front desk, which had received no complaints, so not sure what's up with that, but it's annoying.

The other concern is the price: $200 w/AAA for a standard Hampton Inn room is a bit steep out here in the burbs, as I could get the same rate at a new HI in the heart of DC (if only my client would've let me stay there). I was too lazy to work out this morning (l-a-t-e-r, I promise myself), but the indoor pool and gym area look quite nice for a Hampton.

However, the best part of this hotel is Sonia, the breakfast assistant/lady/chef/cleaner. I have never, in 44,000 hotel stays, encountered someone as friendly and helpful and just overall PLEASANT. Always smiling, checking on her guests, and supremely helpful. Let's face it: rising at 4am to serve free breakfast to grumpy road warriors is probably a thankless job, but she relishes it and her smile and demeanor completely transform the breakfast experience. KUDOS to SONIA!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!