“Very clean quit and friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Very clean quit and friendly”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

One of me best hotel stays I've made!
Friendly staff clean hotel clean room(suite). NOTHING to complain of.
The price was very goog for the suite.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My family and I travelled to Northern Virginia on a house hunting trip and we stayed in two rooms in the Hampton Inn. The rooms were excelllent, and the breakfast was above standard. We were greated warmly by the hotel staff and my son loved the waffles. I always enjoy the beds in the Hampton Inn and get a great night's sleep.This hotel is just of Fairfax County Parkway and is convenient to both Dulles and local restaurants! Great Value!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a newer building, but it exceeded cleanliness expectations. Breakfast area is open and not cramped. All employees were nice and helpful.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MeggieM
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed with my family for a weekend trip. I love Hampton Inn anyway, but this is one of the nicest ones I've stayed in. Extremely clean, great breakfast and the pool was a big hit with the kids. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I'm normally a huge fan of going to Hampton Inns versus some of the fancier hotels but not so much this time. First, it's a typical Hampton with the nice and comfy beds and hot breakfast with waffles (and not with the usual morning crowd - a plus!). But, this is the first time I've been back to my room in the early afternoon and the room has not been serviced... and when I called the front desk, the woman at the desk tells me that the cleaning crew is out from 8am and comes back at 4pm. She spoke to me like I was asking for something that was so odd and that if I wanted my room to be cleaned, I'd have to let them know. And when she said they'll be up in a few minutes, it'll be at least 30.

In my past experience with Hampton Inns and other hotels, they try to get all the cleaning done asap so that they can check in folks in the afternoon on time.

The decor is nice but my bathroom lightbulb is out and the bar in the bathroom is loose and falling apart. These little things I can get over but for the high price, having to deal with the attitude of the front desk, and their cleaning policy, I will be going to the Hyatt or Westin next time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank J3rr1ca
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel and could not have been more pleased. It was easy to find. The lobby area is lovely with lots of comfortable seating. Our room was very clean, large, and comfortable. We were happily surprised to find they offered a free "continental" breakfast, which I put in quotes because it offered much more than the typical continental breakfast. It was self-serve, but in addition to the usual cold cereal, toast, and plates of apples and bananas, it offered much more: a canister of hot oatmeal with toppings, fresh tropical fruit, steam table with eggs, sausage, and french toast sticks, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and a waffle machine with a canister of batter where you could make your own waffles. Amazing! And free! Plus free parking! There was an indoor pool which we did not have time to use as we only stayed one night, but our daughter is already clamoring to come back (and in fact wanted to shorten our day in D.C. in order to stay longer at the hotel and go swimming). A lovely hotel in a lovely location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stella_luna33
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have always been big fans of Hampton Inns, especially on road trips. They are usually close to highway exits so they are easy to find, as well as get back on the road. The Hampton in Herndon was no exception. We wanted to stay outside of D.C. to avoid traffic and wanted to be close to the new air and space museum near Dulles airport. The location was perfect as was my AAA rate of around $70.00 for a Friday night. The hotel was very clean, plus we got an upgrade to a suite at no additional cost. When the new Metro line is completed and access to downtown D.C. is only a few blocks away, this will be an ideal place to stay if you want to avoid the higher cost of staying downtown. Excellent restaurants are close by in the nearby Reston Market area. Don't miss seeing this if you are staying in the area. It's pretty amazing what they have done with this concept.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton_Herndon, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Hi cbcrane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the many restaurants and attractions in Herndon/Reston area. We can't wait for the new Metro rail to come through so even more of our guests can enjoy avoiding the D.C traffic.

We hope to see you again soon if you return to Herndon/Reston!

The Hampton Inn and Suites Herndon-Reston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!