“So happy to be here after bad experience at Extended Stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Cleveland
“So happy to be here after bad experience at Extended Stay!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Excellent value for expensive Herndon/Reston!

Great staff. Superbly clean room. Great cleaning service. Pool and fitness area. Free business center/printer. Free internet. Free continental breakfast that is of excellent quality and selection. Sooo incredibly happy to have changed to this hotel after a bad first night at Extended Stay America on Elden St.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hampton_Herndon, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Hello ddsan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience staying with us.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable after a bad experience in another hotel. We do everything we can to make our guests feel at home and take care of all their needs.

We hope to see you again when you are in the area!

The Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2011

After my husband and I decided a last minute trip with our 3 young children, we decided to head to Washington DC. Traveling when I was younger my dad taught us, don't stay in the city but look for something safe and fun for the kids. So my husband and I decided on the Hampton Inn and Suites in Herndon, VA. After a 5 hour trip from New Jersey to Washington (remember we were traveling with 3 children and no GPS...lol) we ended up at the hotel. Our reservation was confirmed with in about 3 seconds (no kidding) handed the key and we were welcomed! Wow!!! Too the speedy checkin. Getting into the room was another WOW! 2 Large queen size beds, huge bathroom, shower/bathtub combo, everything was beautiful and clean. The kids loved the indoor swimming pool. While the weather channel was predicting snow over night we were swimming. Would I recommend this hotel, ABSOLUTELY! Would we stay here again, WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT! Great Price, Friendly Staff, Great Locations! Watch out Hampton Inn/Herndon, Va.. We will be back :) :) :) :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
On The Road
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and while it wasn't much of a memorable experience then - it was clean, comfortable, and served the need at hand - a night's lodging.

So when I made the reservation to stay here again to avoid the astronomical cost of staying in DC - I expected the same experience - nothing spectacular - but clean and comfortable. Was I ever wrong.
I knew I would be arriving late so I made sure to make note on my reservation that I would be late. So I arrived at the hotel - the door was locked, so I had to press an intercom button and the front desk staff had to come let me in the front door, which was a little annoying - but for the safety of the hotel staff - I understand.
Trouble started soon after that - I had selected this hotel due to the low nightly rate ($75.00) which in all reality was the same as other hotels in the area after checking the other hotels on Hilton's website. BUT here is where the problem started, I had made a reservation for two nights with the same rate. When the staff member handed me the slip to sign off on the rate, I noticed that my rate would change on my second night.
It would go from $75.00 to $175.00 - from one night to the next?!?!?!?!?!?!? What a difference a day makes - right?
So I pointed out the discrepancy from the reservation that I made and he said - "Well, our business week starts on Monday nights - Sunday is still part of the weekend rate." OK - yeah, I understand that - you want to gouge business travelers, but I don't want to play any part of that game. Just give me the rate that I booked! Sorry - he couldn't do that - he could only reduce the rate to $120.00 - WAIT - if you CAN reduce the rate to $120 - why did it take 10 minutes of tell me you couldn't - to get you to reduce the rate?!?!?!?!
I am not fond of liars or greedy hotels that allow you to reserve one rate on their site - but then tack on an additional $100 to your rate for your 2nd night.

So after changing my reservation to just the one night I made my way up to my room to find that it was hot, stuffy, and smelled dirty. I should have suspected when there was a good deal of random trash in the hallway and dried spilled coffee in the elevator.
So after situating my bags I went to change and use the restroom only to find that the bathroom floor was filthy. Dirt in the corners, toothpaste on the mirror, and hair (long strands of black hair) ALL OVER the towels. I was totally grossed out!
But since it was so late I just went to bed - and once again - another surprise, as I stepped up to the bed I stepped on a used plastic cup that was under the bed skirt (which hung on the floor because it was the wrong size for the bed). Great - more trash on the floor.

So after a night of fitful sleep because of all of the frustration - and the noisy fridge in the room - along with the noisy A/C unit kicking on and off every 15-20 minutes - and the baby screaming and crying in the room next door that I could hear plain as day thanks to the paper-thin walls. I got up and went to take a shower and then the fun continued - the shower had a handheld shower nozzle which had not other position than huddle under the showerhead - because it had no friction to hold any other position. Then there was the faucet set-up - one handle to control hot and cold - hotel usual - except this one had no temperate but extremely hot or extremely cold - because if you moved it to any position other than straight up or straight down - it would revert to the other position. There was no in-between - if you left it at an 11'clock position it slowly turned its way down to 6'oclock - so the shower was very unpleasant also due to the fact that the shower curtain kept sticking to me - and it only came down 1 inch into the tub - so I had to keep fighting to keep it inside the tub - as a result it ended up flooding the bathroom floor.
Then, due to the hair all over the towels - I tossed the towels on the floor to soak up the water - and dried off with a hand towel - all of the bath linens were dingy looking.

After I packed up and got dressed - I made my way down to the lobby to get breakfast which I had been told the night before was until 10:30 - but when I got to the lobby at 9:45 they were already cleaning it up. SOOO - I just made my way to my car - with a mental promise to NEVER return to the Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston.

I suggest that you don't stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston either! It's pretty gross!!!!!

As you can tell by my other reviews - I'm pretty fair to hotels and rarely say that I wouldn't recommend the hotel to a friend. But this one is a definite thumbs down!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank admit_it
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel but nothing stood out to make it exceptional. It was clean which matters most to me and I would stay there again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Southern California
Reviewed September 15, 2010

For some reason hotel rooms were hard to find in the Washington DC area so I wound up at this Hampton Inn, a brand I do not often stay at. The desk staff were fine and the lobby was very nice so I was expecting a better room. The room had two double beds, one of which had seen better days. Cheap paper cups (a pet peeve). It did have coffee, microwave, and refrigerator which may have been useful if someone was staying a long time and roughing it. I briefly saw an indoor pool and exercise facility that seemed very nice, but I was on a tight schedule and did not use them. The room was well configured for business but the Internet connection was terrible ... very, very slow. I tried the wireless and the Ethernet, both were the same. Breakfast was very disappointing. The "scrambled eggs" (at least that's what I think they were supposed to be) were dry and crumbly, a bit like back packing food before hydration. The bacon was paper thin and cooked to death. The OJ was totally artificial. The thing that really amazed me was the room price ... at our corporate rate it was $236.17 ... in my mind overpriced by $100. Would I come back? not unless there were no rooms anywhere else. Avoid this one!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jim_julian
Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Just returned from an overnight to this beautiful hotel. Had a king suite and everything was perfect. It was very quiet,comfortable and clean. We stayed there after a concert at Wolfe Trap and it was hard to believe the price we paid for such a luxurious room. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They went out of their way to get us a specific map and give specific directions for our destination.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 10, 2010

really beautiful new building, completed in 2008, and the interior design is impressive, the high ceilinged lobby is gorgeous, much nicer that I would expect for a hotel at this price point, the room was comfortable, well insulated from sound though the window unit a/c was a bit noisy, bathrroom was nice with lots of storage, though did not have a tub (which I prefer over a shower). I didn't get to use the gym or indoor pool, but they looked nice, the loacation of the hotel is good on a quiet street just a few blocks from the central Fairfax county parkway. There is a nature trail located just behind the hotel (Sugarland run trail) where I went jogging one morning and saw very good birds.
The hot breakfast served in the lobby in the morning was really quite good.
I will be back in NoVA in November and intend to stay here again and have also reccomended it to several family memebers who will be visiting the area this year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!