“Delicious and authentic” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho
“Delicious and authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our large group made it possible to sample many different dishes. We all enjoyed our meal, even if the spice level was a bit elevated for many of us (even though the waiter insisted it was "mild" or "not spicy").
APPETIZER
Both Prawn 65 and chicken 65 appetizers were tasty and tender.
MAIN
My Malabar Fish Curry was excellent-a bit of heat and flavorful with authentic spices. The wait staff brought yogurt to help us cool our palettes.
Friends had Chcken TIkka Masala, Mutton Chukka Viruval, and flavorful Butter or Garlic Naan
DRINKS
The Mango Lassi and variety of India beers were all tasty.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank AshleyB63

Herndon, Virginia, USA
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We loved food here. We ordered a chicken dish and vegetarian dish and loved both. Chicken is soft and tender and vegetarian dish was tasty. Mango and sweet lassi were great as well. Giving it only 4 stars because we haven't tried other dishes.

Grantsville, Utah
“Absolutely great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Kalpasi was recommended to me by the front desk clerk at a near by hotel. Understanding that receptionists at times have reasons to recommend one restaurant over another, I listened to her very close to see if I could sense any bias. Although skeptical she sold me when she said this is where many locals are starting to go for Indian cuisine.
Kalpasi, has a warm and inviting atmosphere that is full of the wonderful smells of India. I arrived shortly after 5:00 so the dinner rush for a Friday evening was still hours from starting. After looking over the menu I decided to go with Chicken Tiki Masala. I was not disappointed. Although I know the rice was made in a cooker it was the best restaurant rice I have ever had. Fall apart on your fork tender chicken along with the spices in the creamy sauce were well balanced and made my taste buds oh so happy. This great dish was complimented by fresh made garlic naan. After eating my entire helping I took the bread and slopped up the remaining sauce.
Another pleasant aspect of Kalpasi is the service, I actually have no idea who my assigned server was because everyone took care of me, I was even visited table side by the manager. Throughout my dinner the dining room began to fill up and several people came in to pick up take out orders.
When ever your travels bring you to Herndon, Virginia take time to enjoy a meal at Kalpasi you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Mark E
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasantly surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

It didn't look much from the outside but as we say never judge the book by the cover. My wife, my two daughters and I had a really good meal. The chicken tikka massala is to die for, the paratha bread....excelent. My daughters enjoyed so much their kebab....thank you so much for this beautiful evening and for your kidness.

• Visited February 2014