“Inexpensive yes, but maybe not worth the savings.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Ronks, Pennsylvania
“Inexpensive yes, but maybe not worth the savings.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I reserved this room online for a convenient location just to get one night's sleep. I was not expecting much but even for a place to flop, I wouldn't return. It seemed clean enough but the hallways smelled like smoke, and the bathroom had a mildew odor. The experience was low class. The hallways were noisy and dogs were barking. Maybe it's called "extended stay" for a reason. At midnight I had to call the front desk about what I thought might be kids wrestling and jumping in the room above us. I had to call a second time before anything was done about it. Ordinarily something like this doesn't bother me, but it was really obnoxious. Some of the reviews are positive enough. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night?

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for over a Month and they give you a good rate. Cleaning is descent for what you pay!! theres flat screen TVs and plenty to eat all around and very close by! There's a starbucks just across the street as well as supermarkets, banks and gas stations.

Room Tip: stay Away from any hall way with smoking rooms. It travels through out the hallways
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cyosemi
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We got a room here for $52 total cost in April 2013. I have no complaints. The room was set up with a kitchen and large refrigerator for those that stay longer. There are convenient stores and restaurants within 2 blocks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with hotel amenities and as well as with our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I got a room at this hotel for a great deal through Priceline.com. The room I stayed in was large, clean and the location was convenient to restaurants. The bathroom was not too old, but it looked well used (though clean). The appliances looked cheap and worn, but again, clean.

My only complaint with extended stay hotels like these that come with kitchenettes is that the smell in the hallways in the evenings can sometimes be annoying. Some guests will try to use the ill-equipped kitchenettes like their home kitchen, or worse yet, some will use the kitchenettes as if they will be abandoning the place in a few days, so there will sometimes be burned dinners and strange smells in the hallways right around dinner time. Over the one week period that I stayed at this particular extended stay America, there was one evening when the odor in the hallway was obnoxious... Almost noxious...

Still, for what I paid, I'd be willing to put up with the smell that, fortunately, stayed in the hallway and didn't make it past the seals on my door, so I would return here again if I can get the same price. Again, the room I had was large and clean, and the hotel is in a convenient location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you were pleased with your overall stay. Still, we are sorry for the odor you noticed in the hallway.

Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First thing- The mattress in our room (337) was SO hard and uncomfortable. Second, no proper breakfast and for almost $200/night? Breakfast includes muffin and granola bar and bowl of fruit. No laundry facilities. Bathrooms and utilities are older. However, staff and manager are easy to work with and good. This is one of the cheaper suites with kitchenettes available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let me start by saying I am a VERY picky person when it comes to hotels ,and have not been happy with many of the ones I have stayed at , but this hotel is is by far the best hotel I have been to. What stands out to me the most was the staff. I would like to mention Hamza. I hope I spelled that right. He was very polite and kind through my whole stay anything I needed he had before I even asked. Every time I am in the area Extended stay will be my home away from home

• Stayed March 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My stay at the Extended stay America was Phenomenal. Front desk staff was very pleasant and professional. The room was clean and specious. Over all it was the stay was great from arrival till departure. Special thanks to Hamza Aziz for his service and Knowledge about the area which helped me extensively through out my trip. STAY WAS EFFEMINATELY A HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!!! I would definately come back and stay at this hotel Again!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RestonHerndon, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm), we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.

We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#6 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 stars 840 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!