“I Stay Hilton So I Tried a Different One and Liked It A Lot”

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Scarsdale, New York
“I Stay Hilton So I Tried a Different One and Liked It A Lot”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a busty week. I stayed here (for the second and third time) twice in the same week. I stayed here because the driving to where I had to be was considerably better (as in less traffic) that the Hilton Doubletree property I stay at in Sterling.

This is a very large hotel built in a sweeping semi-circle so there is a fair amount of walking to be done. The rooms are pretty standard but they are quite comfortable. There is a large desk situated below what I think to be a 50 inch flat screen TV. There's a wall panel with several AC outlet so you can re-charge all of your devices at once on the desk. The panel also has a DVI and a 15 pin analog monitor connector. As with other Hilton properties, the in room internet is free to Gold and Diamond members (there is a charge for non Gold/Diamond guests) that runs at Wireless G speed (54Mbps). I don't use it much as I have an unlimited wireless data plan on my cell phone.

There are two restaurants on the property and there is an HHonors lounge on the fifth floor that provide a nice hors d-oeuvres bar. The bar is relatively full and is pay-by-the-drink. The hotel uses the same space for the HHonors free breakfast. Scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, plenty of fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, and several different pastries and breads.

My major complaint about hotel services in general revolves around the in room TV service. Bazillions of sports channel and not enough movie channels. However, this hotel does the in-room TV better than most - it's not great but it is OK. Interestingly enough, this is a hotel in the Washington DC metro area and the TV service doesn't have the Washington Nationals TV network. The Orioles were on but not the Nationals. Go figure.

I'll be staying here again in the near future

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a very detailed review! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us in the future! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Due to missed connections, we ended up exhausted and defeated at the Hilton where Meghan and Spencer turned our day around! They were welcoming, emphathetic and very professionally helpful. We had our very comfortable nicely appointed room in mere minutes, and with smiles and a follow-up call to make sure we were comfortable in our beautifully-appointed room. The people make the place - thanks again! - but this is a great place to recover from airline mayhem, because everything is here to make you at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear KMARGE2014,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a wonderful review! We are very sorry you experienced airline troubles, but are so pleased to know Spencer and Meghan made you feel right at home! Your compliments have been passed along to both of them, as well as our Director of Rooms and our Front Desk Management team. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Gunnison, CO, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I found this hotel to be extremely convenient for an early morning flight from Dulles airport. The shuttle starts at 4 a.m. as opposed to other hotels in the area where the shuttle starts at 6 a.m. (Pay attention to this if you are booking a hotel at an airport location for a really early morning flight!). The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful, the room/bed was comfortable and clean and the on-site restaurant/bar made for a pleasant evening before an early night. The hotel was easy to find and in a quiet area. I would certainly recommend this hotel as an airport hotel but too far from the tourist area of DC for a longer stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Judith B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a nice review! We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as our proximity to IAD and the hours of our shuttle service. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stated here just for one night in-transit. The rooms are very good. Clean, big and comfortable. However, being an airport hotel, I would expect better shuttle service to the airport. I reached late evening in December and called the hotel. No one answered the phone. Then I waited outside in the hope that someone else might be taking the shuttle to that hotel. It was freezing outside, and I think i saw the shuttle for every other hotel in the area. But not for the Hilton Washington Dulles airport. I finally took a taxi to the hotel after waiting for about 1 hour in the freezing cold. The breakfast was fine and so was the internet. But they should really improve on their shuttle service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nsingh472
Dear nsingh472,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a review. Please accept my sincerest apologies, as what you experienced with our shuttle service is not the service we strive to provide to our guests, and there is no excuse for that happening to you. We take your feedback very seriously and your comments have been discussed with our Operations team, so we can make sure the scenario you experienced does not happen again. We hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I grew up in this area and attended many conferences here over the years. I have many fond memories from my childhood here! I hope to stay here again next time I'm in the area hopefully in the near future!

Room Tip: The Elevator is so much fun to ride!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear ZorroReviews,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a nice review! We couldn't be happier to know some of your beloved childhood memories include us! Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Warm regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Junior Suites are superb, and Amy Z provides first-rate service in the lounge. In fact, she's memorized my usual order, which varies depending on the person sharing a drink with me. :) Even when I'm not staying at the Hilton, I try to make a Monday night visit to the lounge.

Room Tip: Go with a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nigel H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a wonderful review! We couldn't be happier to know you enjoy staying in our Junior Suites and that Amy makes all the difference for you in terms of fantastic service! Your compliments have been passed along to her, as well as the Director of Food and Beverage and our Restaurant Manager. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We unexpectedly had to stay at this Hotel as we missed out Flight to Toronto. I was with 2 kids (3,10) and all of us were amused by the design, service and cleanliness of this hotel. One of my kids even said "Mom, I am so happy that we missed our flight!".
The room was super clean! I am very picky when it comes to the cleanliness, and was really surprised how clean the room was.
It had a variety of teas, including my favourite Camomile Tea, and Starbucks coffee with sugar and cream! It also had 2 bottles of water
Breakfast was great for the price they charge. It was a Buffet where you can find absolutely everything you need for breakfast and even more.
It cost us 25 ($8-kid, $17-adult and toddler was FREE)
The restaurant did not have any smell and it had a very nice and beautiful layout, the furniture was very clean and stylish.
The design of the lobby was absolutely gorgeous!

I would definitely go back to this hotel in case we are in the area!!!

The shuttles to the airport are free it is only 10-15 mins drive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Yelena,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a nice review! We are thrilled to know you and your children enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and the kids back the next time you are in the Dulles area! Thank you again!

Greg Langweg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!