“Nice stay”

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's been about ten years since I stayed at this Hilton and I have to say that is has held up well.

The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.

The lobby area was clean and inviting.

I had an executive king room. It was roomy, spotlessly clean and good sized. The decor was tasteful and I really liked that the 50" TV was recessed into the wall. The numerous power and video outlets that were available near the desk were handy. The bathroom was large and nicely done. The bath towels were huge.

The wireless internet worked pretty well.

I had dinner and drinks at their bar. The food was typical hotel fare. The drinks were pretty weak for the price. Breakfast in the executive lounge was better than I expected.

All in all, this was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room near the elevator. The hallways are crazy long!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Marc C.,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am very glad you enjoyed your room and the amenities within the room and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to always exceed the expectations of our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in the Dulles area.

Warm regards,
Greg Langweg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,836)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was on a one-night stopover because of a flight connection. The hotel is very good and clean, with very helpful staff. It has a lot of facilities, like a gym and pool, although I didn't use them. I was given complimentary Wifi access on check in, which was very nice. The restaurant was open until late (1 AM) so was very convenient for travelers. There is a Food Lion market about 25 min walk, which was convenient to buy food to take as presents.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Shigeo T O,

Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback in such a wonderful 5 star review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our ammenities, such as the gym and pool, that we have to offer. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I arrived in a foul mood after another United cancellation - there's an idea for you tripadvisor; start reviewing airports, airlines, their staff and routes. The hotel is quite close to Dulles airport. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and was full of people who were also fed up due to flight cancelations. The hotel didn't improve my mood. It's not unclean, not old, not unwelcoming, not unfriendly. It just isn't great either. Middle of the road, average, meh. Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2013

Chathamian,

I am so sorry to hear your flight was cancelled by United. I am happy we are in a convenient location so that we could accommodate you easily. I completely understand your frustrations with the situation, and though you cannot write a review for an airline on Trip Advisor, you can go to www.united.com and fill out a Customer Care Form and give them your feedback that way. Hopefully you were able to resume your travels and made it to your destination safely. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Resturant to expensive for the quality and surroundings. The steak looked nothing like the picture on the entry of the restaurant. it was more like a coffe shop than fine dining....limited menu...very expensive

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William S MR B
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear William S MR B,
I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations in our restaurant. Your review is very important to us and because we value your feedback, your review has been discussed with the Restaurant Manager. The picture you refer to in your review does not reflect the item on our menu, but is used to let our guests know where dinner is held, as dinner does not take place in the Old Ox restaurant, but in the Cardinal Lounge. Upon reading your review, it was brought to our attention that the picture may in fact be misleading to our guests, and it has since been removed and replaced. I am very sorry for the experience you had but would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations and provide you with the excellent service we strive to supply to each and every one of our guests during every stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Only stayed one night as early morning flight. Husband and ten year old daughter. Fantastic value for money and very spacious rooms (Hilton Exec Club room large and well serviced). No restaurants in immediate area so better if guests have a car. Hotel restaurant menu very limited. Staff and service excellent. Great outdoor seating area (including soft seating for smokers which was a welcome change!). Big surprise to find a small but incredibly clean outdoor pool with loungers, plus a superb indoor pool. Lots of towels etc. Both serviced by lifeguard and used very little! Fantastic shuttle service every half hour from 5am to airport. Would definitely recommend for stopovers at Dulles Airport for leisure or business travellers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cathryn2013,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback in such a wonderful 5 star review! Your kind words and comments reflect our hotel perfectly! We are so pleased we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel was nice. I had trouble when I called to verify my reservations for adjoining rooms. I was told that, even though I had made reservations 3 months ahead that this could not be guaranteed as it was only a request and not company policy. Having my elderly mother with us, adjoining rooms were a necessity. I spent 30 minutes on the phone being transferred with no satisfaction. Fortunately, my husband found Josh who was very helpful. I also found the price of a buffet breakfast where I served myself ordinary breakfast food was astronomical. We did not eat in the hotel again. Wish more restaurants were nearby. A/C was hard to adjust. Either froze or cooked.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear s j,

We appreciate you taking a moment to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had trouble initially verifying your reservations for adjoining rooms, but am pleased that Josh was able to help and accommodate you and I will pass on your compliments to him. I apologize the a/c was causing problems for you. We do have Engineers on site to assist when any issues such as that do arise and they will be more than happy to help at any time day or night. We hope you return in the future so we may exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I enjoy staying at the Hilton-Dulles when I am in the DC area. It has easy access to many businesses in the area. One fault I have is that it isn't very close to nice restaurants. The other fault is that I wish they'd update the elevators. It could be as they update the hotel (it does look like they are renovating), they will get to the elevators, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear tonytiger_13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a 4 star review! We do offer a shuttle service which will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. You are correct about the renovation- we are in the process of renovating, and since your stay, the elevators have in fact been updated. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Greg Langweg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#5 of 20 in Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!