New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Washington Dulles Airport

Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Vista, California
“No early check in for loyal customers....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was extremely excited to come home overseas so I booked immediately to my usual "Hilton". I have used the Hilton for years in multiple countries and I love it. I had trouble contacting this hotel but after a few tries I finally had gotten through. The customer service rep was pushy and kept insisting that I purchase the night prior just so that I could check in a few hours early on the day that I actually need the hotel. She then informed me that it is by availability and that the whole hotel was now booked (I can see available rooms online still). I was hoping to make Gold status with the Hilton I quickly cancelled my reservation and I will be looking for a hotel chain that can work with my needs. Bottom line: Caution if you are coming from overseas, you don't want to deal with this after a 14-18 hour flight. It doesn't matter how long you have been a customer you will get no perks.

3 Thank TiffanyQualin
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
TiffanyQualin,

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank your for your Hilton loyalty. I apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered with our customer service/reservations representative. We work hard to provide the best customer service and hope you can give us another chance if you're visiting the Dulles area again. I assure you what you experienced is not the norm for our property or brand and hope we can exceed your expectations in the future. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further concerns greg.langweg@dulleshilton.com.

Kind Regards,

Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I attended a convention at Hilton Dulles Airport over a weekend. I found the rooms clean, the staff helpful, and even the social media manager proactive in making sure our guests were comfortable.

Several in our party had specific food sensitivities, and the wait staff did take steps to accommodate each. Our first couple meals were rough, as the kitchen seemed insufficiently educated in gluten sensitivities and thus inadvertently served the very foods they were trying to avoid. Over the course of the weekend, however, the wait staff showed increasing vigilance and even became proactive (setting soy milk out with the coffee service, for instance) to make our dining experience comfortable.

I appreciate the spirit of service and professionalism exhibited by staff and management at this location and would not hesitate to attend a function -- or even vacation with my family -- at this fine hotel.

1 Thank Lea Ann G
lagluten,

Thank you so much for the great five star review! Our team is very proud to have exceeded your expectations. We take food allergies very seriously and are very content with being able to provide your group with all there gluten free needs. Your kind word will be shared with the whole team.

Warmest Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay! Our room on the executive floor was large and clean and the food at the hotel restaurant was excellent. The coffeemaker in the room uses coffee pods, but the restaurant/bar/executive lounge serves Starbucks. Service was great. Definitely reccommend if you're looking to stay near DC.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Internet is bad while attending a tech convention at hotel. The spa has very limited hours . Restaurant average but very expensive. Rooms were noisy to all hall traffic. Food for the convention was poor and if you had allergies is was even more difficult to communicate with the serving staff.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

2 Thank Dianna W
Hilton Hotels & Resorts traveler,

Thank you for your review. We will discuss all your feedback with our team members. We apologize if you encountered any inconveniences while staying with us. Our Food and Beverage team takes food allergies very seriously. We do hope you can give us another opportunity upon visiting the Dulles area. Please contact me directly if you have any further questions greg.langweg@dulleshilton.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was clean, the rooms were huge, and the staff was terrific. I came for a convention and received a great room rate. And the free shuttle from the airport was a real plus, plus a free shuttle to the air museum. Every staff member I had contact with at the hotel was friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Julie C
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hilton Hotels and Resorts Traveler,

Thank you so much for the great review!! Our team works really hard to provide top notch service, and reviews like yours make us very proud. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Dulles area.

Warmest Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My ten year old son called this trip "extraordinary" and he never left the hotel. I had a conference, so my husband and the kids tagged along to swim and play near DC. They ended up having such a nice time in the pool, that they never left. The food was great, the service was outstanding, and the hotel is beautiful.

We especially loved William from the media/marketing department whom we met when there was a glitch with the computer systems. He, and everyone available, jumped in to help keep the check-in of over a hundred conferees running smooth without access to their reservations or the ability to activate key cards.

Anne, a server in the restaurant, took the time to play with my baby, and chat with my friends as we hung out the first evening. When I stopped by the next night to say hi to my family who was eating there, she not only remembered me, but was busy chatting away with my other kiddos, making each one feel special.

If you need a hotel near DC and Dulles, I highly recommend the Hilton Dulles Airport Hotel. It is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013
ColleenKessler,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The whole team works very hard in order to bring the best service to our guests. We hope we can accomodate you again next time you come to the area.

Ringgold, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

As my family and I neared the Hilton this past weekend, we were hearing comments on Twitter about technical problems, so we weren't quite sure what to expect when we arrived. Despite the fact that a computer glitch had caused problems with room keys for the entire hotel, the staff was smiling, friendly, and courteous. They took what could have been a major problem and diffused the situation into a minor inconvenience.

I was under the impression that our room would have a mini-fridge. It didn't, but we called to ask and within minutes, a fridge was brought to our room. The whole weekend was like that. The staff was so friendly and attentive to our needs.

The spacious room was clean, well-equipped, and comfortable. I don't know what kind of pillows Hilton has, but we need some! We all slept well all weekend. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the gym, as well. After this experience, we'll definitely be staying at Hilton again.

Kris B,

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your understanding with our computer glitch. I'm also very pleased with your comments on our service! The whole team strives to go above and beyond every time with every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the area.

Greg Langweg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!