“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
United States
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was clean, the rooms were huge, and the staff was terrific. I came for a convention and received a great room rate. And the free shuttle from the airport was a real plus, plus a free shuttle to the air museum. Every staff member I had contact with at the hotel was friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Julie C
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hilton Hotels and Resorts Traveler,

Thank you so much for the great review!! Our team works really hard to provide top notch service, and reviews like yours make us very proud. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Dulles area.

Warmest Regards,

Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My ten year old son called this trip "extraordinary" and he never left the hotel. I had a conference, so my husband and the kids tagged along to swim and play near DC. They ended up having such a nice time in the pool, that they never left. The food was great, the service was outstanding, and the hotel is beautiful.

We especially loved William from the media/marketing department whom we met when there was a glitch with the computer systems. He, and everyone available, jumped in to help keep the check-in of over a hundred conferees running smooth without access to their reservations or the ability to activate key cards.

Anne, a server in the restaurant, took the time to play with my baby, and chat with my friends as we hung out the first evening. When I stopped by the next night to say hi to my family who was eating there, she not only remembered me, but was busy chatting away with my other kiddos, making each one feel special.

If you need a hotel near DC and Dulles, I highly recommend the Hilton Dulles Airport Hotel. It is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013
ColleenKessler,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The whole team works very hard in order to bring the best service to our guests. We hope we can accomodate you again next time you come to the area.

Ringgold, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

As my family and I neared the Hilton this past weekend, we were hearing comments on Twitter about technical problems, so we weren't quite sure what to expect when we arrived. Despite the fact that a computer glitch had caused problems with room keys for the entire hotel, the staff was smiling, friendly, and courteous. They took what could have been a major problem and diffused the situation into a minor inconvenience.

I was under the impression that our room would have a mini-fridge. It didn't, but we called to ask and within minutes, a fridge was brought to our room. The whole weekend was like that. The staff was so friendly and attentive to our needs.

The spacious room was clean, well-equipped, and comfortable. I don't know what kind of pillows Hilton has, but we need some! We all slept well all weekend. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the gym, as well. After this experience, we'll definitely be staying at Hilton again.

Kris B,

Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate your understanding with our computer glitch. I'm also very pleased with your comments on our service! The whole team strives to go above and beyond every time with every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I came for the 2to1 Conference this April. The room was gorgeous. The bathroom. ..lovely. The shower? A double shower head with rain shower....who needs calgone as it peels the stress and fatigue from you. The staff was always smiling and friendly like they were glad to be at work. This was the first time I truly felt like a "guest" at a hotel.

I also loved how they went out of their way to get me a hot cocoa amidst all the coffee drinkers. The computers even went down and yet they provided a calm environment that supported everyone's needs. And William M. in sales was wonderful!

Thank you for a fun and enjoyable event.

~Honey

• Stayed April 2013
HoneyRowland,

Thank you so much for the great review and comments. We are extremely happy that you were able to enjoy one of the upgraded bathrooms to the hotel. We will share your comments with the whole team, and thank you again for choosing our hotel! Please join us again the next time you're in the Dulles area.

Warmest Regards,

Southeastern, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was clean and beautiful. The decor was wonderful and restful. I was there for the 2to1 Conference and found the staff to be gracious and pleasant even in the midst of a huge computer outage. A resulting billing confusion was cleared up faster than I could blink! Great staff from front desk to housekeeping to shuttle driver!

Hilton Hotels & Resorts traveler,

Thank you so much for the excellent review! I'm happy to hear that any billing confusion was rectified immediatley. The conference was a fantastic group of people and we really enjoyed having you all stay with us! Please join us again the next time you're in the area.

Kind Regards,

NEW WINDSOR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Navy Ship reunion, "USS Bushnell AS-15" brought about 90 folks to a 5 day meeting of old friends and shipmates. The hotel was very accomidating and theire facilities were nice and I found clean. We were travelling from our winter home in Florida heading north for the summer, so we had our Kitty with us. We are use to the cleaning charges. The staff was quite nice and worked out all our concerns. I do agree with the one reviewer, the price of a beer - I was charged $6 for a bottle of lite beer, and a bottle of water was $4. Our breakfast was part of the plan, and it was certainly nothing to rave about. The exact same thing, scrambled eggs for 5 days, and not a piece of toast to be found. We ate a few meals in the Old OX grill and it was very nice. Nothing to complain about. I guess my biggest "gripe" is the $9.95 per day charge for Inter Net Access. I don't usually stay at Hiltons and I am not a member of their "Gold Club." So they charge me for getting on line. I think I will continue to stay at Best Westerns and get free Wi-Fi. Oh yes, this hotel caters to quite a few travel groups. We enjoyed the experience of several bus loads of teenagers touring the Capitol...It wasn't quiet. I would suggest this is an excellent place to stay if you are flying in or out of Dulles Airport.

Room Tip: Be sure and bring you own cooler of water bottles.