“Best Onion Bagels This Side of NYC”
Review of The Bagel Cafe

The Bagel Cafe
Ranked #14 of 229 Restaurants in Herndon
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I only get onion bagels and the Bagel Cafe has the best this side of New York City. When my daughter visits (who lived in NYC for several years) her breakfast request is a toasted onion bagel with butter. For lunch, I usually get either an onion bagel with salmon cream cheese or the fully loaded onion bagel with Nova Lox Salmon, cream cheese, lettuce and tomato. And they are NOT chintzy with the salmon and the cream cheese. if you crave a great onion bagel I recommend the Bagel Cafe !!! And as an aside I lived just outside of NYC for 6 years and IMHO, I know what a great onion bagel tastes like. And as far as one of my best meals, it is the best onion bagel I have ever had :-))

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband is from New Jersey and gripes about there being no good bagel places around. And then we moved across from Bagel Cafe. Now every Saturday, he wakes up, goes across the street and gets us our favorite bagels, and we have breakfast in bed. Their breakfast sandwiches and cookies are delish too. I've never had a bad thing there!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I still believe the best bagels ever come from NYC. This local joint comes pretty darn close. There's typically a line and that's because the bagels are that good. They have daily specials and we've never had a bad meal.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The place is not big but the food was delicious and fresh; their salad was so good! Also, people were very nice and kind.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

A great independent breakfast place in Herndon. In addition to bagels, the eggs etc. are cooked as requested.