“Herndon Gem”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“Herndon Gem”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is an unpretentious little restaurant that has good menu and tasty, dependable food. When we dined, the chef/owner(?) was enjoying a meal with some of his own guests. He waved at us, said hello and we felt very comfortable. Locals should definitely try this long-standing business.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank GMBelle

Herndon, Virginia
“Great Restaurant with Impecable Service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Owned and operated by a native Austrian and his Indonesian wife this restaurant offers authentic Austrian food such as real Wiener Schnitzel, Sauerbraten and also has some Euro-Asian fusion dishes. The Spaetzle is excellent as are the seafood bisques. There are excellent Austrian wines and bottled beers on the menu and this is one of the best restaurants in Herndon.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank MarcoPolodiNuovaYork
“A little-bit of Europe in Herndon”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love authentic German food. If you love it too, then you should go to Euro Bistro. Nice diverse menu, from German food to fish dishes. Great service and upscale atmosphere. My wife and I go there often during the year.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Traveler-VA_09
Herndon, Virginia
“Eating German in Herndon”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I didn't know you could get German food in Herndon, VA, but you can! Now I've tried wienerschnitzal with potato pancakes. Yum! My husband enjoyed his beef tenderloin, but I think his goulash soup was even more interesting. Portions are large. Prices are fairly high. This is not a fancy place by any means. We went on a Friday evening. They had a traveling accordian player who added to the atmosphere of a light, festive community eatery. The servers were happy and very helpful. All in all this restaurant made for a lovely evening out.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dszym
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Good German food in Herndon”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wonderful experience at the Euro Bistro. I arrived around 6 on a Saturday and that was a good thing too, as by 7 the line was out the door. This is a small restaurant located in a strip mall, so there is not much atmosphere with the front being all glass, but they do what they can with posters and such. The service was very quick. They had a very good selection of German beers, and I ordered the Haufbrau which was on-tap. I ordered a Jager-Schnitzel which arrived very soon after the beer. It was excellent! I usually put salt on everything, but this was perfectly seasoned and did not require anything. There was a side of good homemade spaetzle. I lived in Germany for 13 years and this was almost as good as many that I had there. The primary difference was the mushrooms. These appeared canned, unlike the forest mushrooms you get in Germany, but overall the dish was best I have had in a long time.

For dessert I had the Cherry Strudel, You can get Apple Strudel many places, but Cherry is hard to find. This was not full of the normal over sweetened pie filling either, but good sour cherries, lightly sweetened with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on the side. This along with a cup of good strong German style coffee made for a wonderful end to the meal.

Highly recommended. I have found my new favorite in Herndon!

• Visited October 2012