“A Christmas Day Winner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“A Christmas Day Winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We travelled to the DC area on Christmas Day for a quick family vacation. We were staying in Herndon and wanted to find somewhere to eat. However, there weren't many options. We stumbled upon Chao Pra Ya...and were we every pleasantly surprised!

The food was great and my wife loved the plum wine. Authentic food for a decent price!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I know Thai, I was married to one for 10 years. Traditional, delicious Thai; You really have to ask to get it spicy, they are very protective of being overly HOT! Pad Thai GUNG with a Beer Singha. YUM

Visited December 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Delicious Thai, great service, nice ambience, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've had several meals at Chao Pra Ya, and all of them have been excellent and reasonably priced. I recommend their spring rolls, Tom Yum lemon grass soup, Tom Kha galanga soup, bean thread salad, eggplant with yellow bean sauce, wild pork and Siam duck. Their servers have always been very attentive and pleasant, and they are happy to make modifications and substitutions to your liking, so don't be afraid to try to make your dish even better (though that won't be easy!). I've been able to take advantage of various discount coupons, which makes the price even more attractive. Finally, the restaurant is beautifully designed and has a nice ambience. My only suggestion is that they should play Thai, rather than Western, music.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“The best Thai food in Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best Thai food in town. Having been spoiled in Southern California with Thai Town in Hollywood I thought I would never find good Thai food when I moved to Virginia,after being disappointed at many other Thai restaurants I found chap phra ya in herndon, the Thai chicken curry is my favorite! It is so good I order it all the time when I have company over. also the drunken noodles with beef is very tasty. The restaurant workers are very friendly and the food portions are great.

Reston VA
“Good food & Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This restaurant has been consistent for over a decade. Their food is top notch and not overly spicy. In the last months, they renovated their interior. It now has more seating. The service personnel is always polite and attentive.

• Visited September 2013