“Delicious Thai, great service, nice ambience, reasonable price”
Review of Chao Pra Ya

Chao Pra Ya
Ranked #26 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've had several meals at Chao Pra Ya, and all of them have been excellent and reasonably priced. I recommend their spring rolls, Tom Yum lemon grass soup, Tom Kha galanga soup, bean thread salad, eggplant with yellow bean sauce, wild pork and Siam duck. Their servers have always been very attentive and pleasant, and they are happy to make modifications and substitutions to your liking, so don't be afraid to try to make your dish even better (though that won't be easy!). I've been able to take advantage of various discount coupons, which makes the price even more attractive. Finally, the restaurant is beautifully designed and has a nice ambience. My only suggestion is that they should play Thai, rather than Western, music.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best Thai food in town. Having been spoiled in Southern California with Thai Town in Hollywood I thought I would never find good Thai food when I moved to Virginia,after being disappointed at many other Thai restaurants I found chap phra ya in herndon, the Thai chicken curry is my favorite! It is so good I order it all the time when I have company over. also the drunken noodles with beef is very tasty. The restaurant workers are very friendly and the food portions are great.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This restaurant has been consistent for over a decade. Their food is top notch and not overly spicy. In the last months, they renovated their interior. It now has more seating. The service personnel is always polite and attentive.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food here is good, as is the service, but what really shines is the decor. It's a mix of traditional and modern. It's also nice and quiet.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I went during lunch -- it was very quiet -- but the host and hostess were very grateful and welcoming.

The food came out very quickly and it was very fresh and cleanly presented.

I highly recommend either the pad Thai with chicken or the panang chicken. They were the best I have had in the area.

The restaurant is one of casual dining.