“A Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Met a friend from work one night. Had a wonderful meal. I had their honey wine. It was wonderful and I am not a wine person. I did ask for a fork and one was brought to me on a plate with a napkin. I ended with their coffee ceremony....wonderful. I went back the following week to celebrate my birthday with my boss. A hidden gem.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

Sugar Land, Texas
“No frills EXCELLENT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nigeria doesn't have any Ethiopian restaurants and I love their traditional dishes. The restaurant is located in a very small business strip down a side street. It's a little tricky trying to find it but it's well worth it. I ordered my favorite dishes which I always order when going to Ethiopian restaurants, vegetable combo (5) and the Kitfo (raw) with a side of collard greens. The service was very quick and within 10 minutes the platter with all my food was at my table. The food was excellent, I didn't even have to ask for mitmita (red pepper). I plan on going back before I go back to Nigeria.

• Visited July 2014
Corning, New York
“Don't be scared of Ethiopian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our first try of Ethiopian food. So we had a lot of questions and the server was able to help us understand the ingredients and preparation. We chose three dishes, two with chili pepper and one that was plain meat. It is served family style on a big platter with the special flat bread. To eat, just pick up a piece of the bread (like a pancake) and grab a bit of the food. The tray also had vegetables on the edges. We asked for mild and that was more like medium with a bite on the lips and tongue. It was a good first time and we would return if we could.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
PENNSYLVANIA
“Something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We are here with family visiting DC. The food was excellent. We asked for mild. Tried the Ethiopian beer. The kids enjoyed eating with the bread for a whole . Then we asked for plates. The platters for two can feed 3 or 4. Honey wine or mead was different. I'd definately go again.

DC
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have been going to Warka for years. They recently changed owners but the food is still fantastic. It's nice not to have to drive all the way to DC for good ethiopian food. We always get the mixed veggie platter with the chicken curry and sometimes the lamb. The lamb is very good and the spicy chickpeas are my favorite. The servings are huge, my husband and I can barely ever finish the mixed platter for one (we do have tiny appetites). Can't wait for our next visit!

• Visited October 2013