“Italian With OK Food”

Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 226 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My second visit to Zeffirelli in the past couple of weeks. I am a frequent business traveller to Northern Virginia and I am always on the hunt for a good restaurant for dinner.

Zeffirelli is on OK choice for Italian. The best thing is the wine list and the selection of Italian wines.

On my lastest visit I had the Caprese. The tomatoes and mazzorllea were tasteless. I poured on the salt just to get some flavor. A tiny piece of basil was on top on each piece of cheese. Next course was the fettuccine bolognese. House made, very fresh but again, lack much flavor.

I had a couple of glasses of chanti at $8 a glass with dinner. It was pretty good.

Service was very good.

There are newer reviews for Zeffirelli Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a big fan, but not an easy critic, when it comes to Italian cuisine. So when I say Zeffirelli is good Italian food believe that. It is an oasis in a desert if you are staying in one of the nearby airport hotels. Venture out and give Zeffirelli a try. I think you'll be glad you did. The staff was congenial and extremely accommodating. It is a small venue and as such could be loud. That's not a criticism just a fact worth mentioning. The night we went the ambient noise level was low.
We ordered Cesar salad, the antipasto platter and Caprese salad for appetizers; each dish was tasty and well portioned. There were five in my party and we each tried a different dish. In the end there was a universal thumbs up and clean plates from everyone.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had some friends visiting and they wanted to go to Zeffitelli's because they had heard so much about it. This is a very intimate setting. Service is again excellent; prices are a bit high, but well within range for 'special' dinner. The veal chop is to die for!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's not the food you find in Italy, but compared to the rest of the Italian places around here, it's actually quite good.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

First time at this restaurant and was very impressed with the food and atmosphere . I decided to go for the salmon ( not exactly a traditional Italian meal) and was very impressed with the quality of the fish and the way it was prepared - with lots of nicely cooked veggies . Others at the table had more Italian meals and raved about them we ate there on a Tuesday night and the place was empty- -apparently it is booked on the weekend ... Go figure ...