“good food, mixed ambiance”
Review of Cantina D'italia

Cantina D'italia
Ranked #11 of 227 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uniquely different, Cantina D'Italia promises food enthusiasts a truly enjoyable dining experience. Cantina D'Italia menu features fresh and flavorful dishes to satisfy even the most discerning palates. A extensive wine list completes any dining experience.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Can't argue with the lamb shank--one of the best I've had. Don't know why others rave about the bread--seemed average to me. Downside is that the place feels like a recycled upscale NJ diner, complete with booths and vinyl seats that are really uncomfortable. Not good for us middle-aged types with sore backs. The waiter moved me to a table with a regular chair, but it was right next to the bar, which was blasting a football game. Not a great place to eat by yourself.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a great little Italian restaurant. We frequent it often. We have used them for large parties with friends as well. Service is always friendly and attentive food is home style Italian food carbonara, spaghetti and clams, and puttanesca are my favorites. Believe me good food I know my name is Tony

Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's my favorite part. Really great bread. I. Think most of the dishes are winners. Always tasty and fresh. Great service with nice people. Best Italian. Noooooo. Top 5 sure. You can't go wrong

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Cantina D'italia has the best bread this side of New York, absolutely awesome, with the really good butter they serve. I also recommend the Calamari which is always fresh. You also might want to try the Mozzarella Caprese withe the special Balsamic Vinegar they have.So far everything we have tried has been excellent from the Veal Parmigiana to some of the specials. And dinners include a house salad along with the great tasting bread. My favorite is the Fettucine Bolognese. The attached picture is from our March 23rd visit and might be the Capelli D'Angelo Adriatica and it was excellent. I will be having that again, SOON !

1  Thank Lytnnng
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are regulars here as manager Jason treats us like family. I've taken business colleagues and potential clients here and am never disappointed. They'll cook your pasta to order - like substitute cappellini for spaghetti and will add whole anchovies to your Caesars Salad. They have excellent choices of wine.

2  Thank MarcoPolodiNuovaYork