“Does not stand out!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had dinner at this place on Saturday night. Since we arrived here around 9 PM, we did not have to stand in line. Guests at other tables were complaining about their long wait. The chef, the tricks, and the food was all good. The place was clean. Our particular hostess was not the friendliest. My wife asked for a little Wasabi, and the hostess thought that was a botheration. She did not smile the entire time. So overall OK experience, but was the experience good enough to attract me to go back there again? probably not.

There are newer reviews for Matsutake Sushi & Steak House

Reviewed December 31, 2011

You can tell the sashimi is fresh and high quality. Price is ok.

What I like about the service is that the waitress saw that I could not use chop sticks so she brought me a pair with a band at the end that held it together. I had never seen a pair like that and was able to use them easily.

If I am in the area again, this is my sushi stop. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Matsutake is among a bunch of other restaurants in a strip mall. It is very authentic and for fresh made sushi, the service is pretty fast. I had a sushi sashimi combo. The presentation and quality was top notch. I could barely finish it. Well worth the try. Very good.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We arrived to the restaurant around 11:30 and it was more than half full. The only thing for lunch is a buffet. It has sushi, salads, miso soup, rice and several other dishes. The crowd mainly goes for the sushi.

We tasted all the dishes and they were OK. My biggest complaint was that the regular food is not hot. The tempura was cold but the sauce was hot and delicious.

If you are a sushi fan this is the place for you (if you are not that picky) and the cost is around $15 plus tax.

2  Thank VDeliz
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This restaurant has several dining options-regular table seating, sushi bar, and, our favoirite; the family seating, cook-in-front-of-you grill. The food quality was top-notch, and the preparation was flavorful AND entertaining-complete with fire and food tricks-which our 8 yr old loved ! Not an inexpensive place, but worth it.

We would definitely go here again!

1  Thank sc2sc